Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.11.2013

Random musings

*Turns out my MIL did not have cancer, however she did have a tumor in her kidney.  Thankfully, the results came back yesterday and it was benign.  :-)

*In other old people news, my FIL has to have a hip replaced in September and will most likely have the other one replaced in the spring.  Yikes.

*This morning in the train station, there was a woman talking on a phone and the cover looked just like the phone below (no bunny tail though).  It is weird that the first thing that I thought of was that she also uses the phone as a vibrator?

Via Google Image Search


*I am officially an a**hole.  I get super annoyed with the people that park themselves on the street corners and play loud music, occasionally playing with the music on their trumpet or other instrument.  I know that this is how some of these people are making a living, but they are just not good and what makes them think that a cranky, hot pregnant woman wants their ears assaulted while walking to/from the train?

*Yesterday I was 19 weeks into this pregnancy.  When will I stop checking the toilet paper every time I go to the bathroom?

*On the same note, will I ever take out the pad that has been in my backpack that I take into work?  Or will it stay there throughout the pregnancy?  I took out the tampons....but left the pad in just in case....

*Are you as annoyed as I am with people on Facebook that post stories about criminals posing as cops and pulling people over in unmarked cars, or criminals that get into your car as you are pumping gas?  One person even posted something bashing Obamacare, saying that the IRS would have to hire 12,000 new agents to verify that people had health care.  For gosh sakes people CHECK SNOPES.COM before posting something like that.  GAH.

*You know how people get asparagus pee?  I swear that I also get popcorn pee.  Please tell me that your pee smells like popcorn after eating some to make me feel better.

*Twizzlers are delicious, but man they have a weird after taste.  It just makes me eat more of them to get the yummy taste back in my mouth.  I think the solution is just not to buy another package of them.

*CP decided to play with Buster in the backyard last night after work.  Buster went up to catch a ball and landed right in a pile of his poo.  Once I got home from work, CP and I gave Buster a bath outside.  We were joking during the middle of it that bathing a baby is going to be so much easier without all of that fur!  We probably won't have to put a leash on the baby to make sure they don't run away as well....  ;-)

*CP bought a few fatherhood books off of Amazon recently and my heart melted.  Now he just has to crack them open.  Any suggestions on good motherhood/parenting books I should order?


What are your random thoughts today?

11 comments:

KelBel said...

So happy to hear that your MIL's tumor was benign!!
As for the TP checking...I am stilling doing that at 29 weeks. I am not sure it will stop.

Just T said...

I definitely agree with you on the facebook postings! I have people on there that constantly post that crap and it annoys me to death. I just recently starting hiding them.

Endo_Life said...

Glad you mil is cancer free.

The TP checking never stops. I am 26 weeks and check all the time. Although I have had a few episodes of bleeding so I am wearing a pad every day just in case. I have been checked and I have a polyp that likes to bleed.

JustHeather said...

Love this post laughed several times.

Yay for MIL. Sorry for FIL, but good that it is 'fixable'.

I can't remember when I stopped checking TP, or if I ever really did. And I think I carried a pad around all during pregnancy, too. I might have even used some very very thin ones because of normal discharge.

Bathing a baby might be a bit easier, as you won't (shouldn't?) need a leash, but babies are slippery and wiggly little things!!

I haven't had Twizzlers in YEARS! But as I read your words, I could immediately taste them and the after taste. Weird, huh?

Jess said...

Thank you so much for the laugh! I don't eat a lot of popcorn, but I will definitely be looking out for "popcorn pee." Those Facebook things drive me nuts, as well as people who are constantly sharing things like, "Hit LIKE and this girl won't die of cancer" or "Hit LIKE unless you hate our troops" or, my favorite recent crazy meme, a picture of an African-American baby with "Hit LIKE if you're not a RACIST." (My MIL falls for these all the time, and I almost commented "This stock photo of a baby does not think you are a racist!!!"). I am glad your MIL does not have cancer and hope all goes well with your FIL's surgery. Maybe that pad is a good luck pad. Maybe it's a talisman of sorts... I personally would probably think something crazy like "as long as this stupid pad is in my purse I won't need it." Keep those random thoughts coming!

Anonymous said...

Glad your MIL is ok! That waiting is always scary.
The fatherhood books would melt my heart, too. H has given me pregnancy books, and they have some advice for the dads, too, but I'm not sure he actually reads them...

JustMe said...

Love this post!! And yes, twizzlers DO leave a weird taste in your mouth. My theory is they're mostly made of wax.

Also, I always, always check the toilet paper and yes, I still carry around the pad. My big accomplishment is that I'm no longer WEARING a pad for no reason at all.

Amy Jo said...

This post made me laugh a few times...great way to start off the day!
Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

OK, that phone cover TOTALLY looks like a vibe! I think there's one that's called the Rabbit and somehow stimulates both partners and it kinda looks like bunny ears, so maybe that's why your brain went there. :)

I'm proud to say, I've finally stopped checking the TP every time I wipe... MILESTONE!

And re: pregnancy books -- Waste. Of. Time. Infertility already makes you an expert on all things pregnancy related, so what I highly advise reading instead are just parenting books on how to raise infants, ones with lots of checklists.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

The other week, I saw a woman using a throwback, old school telephone handset that was plugged into her cellphone. She pulled it out on the bus and garnered a lot of interest from everyone else!

Amber said...

Lol, this definitely is a random post, and I love it! Greatness about your MIL. Sorry about FIL upcoming surgery, but as someone else wrote, at least it's fixable. I'm still carrying around tampons, but that's only because I've been too lazy to take them out of my bag. I still check the tp too though.