*I found our pediatrician! I was getting nervous because it's really getting down to the wire, but every other ped that came recommended didn't take my insurance. This dr seems like he is going to be great. He seems like he will be easy to work with, his office is close to our house, and he has night and weekend hours.
*I took our SUV in to get the base and the car seat inspected at our local police department. Thank goodness I did because we had it in the middle of the back seat and it shouldn't have been there! Tomorrow I will be taking the Prius in to do the same check.
*Work held a cute baby shower for me last week. It is going to be so weird to be out for three months. Especially now that my boss and one of my coworkers have announced that they are retiring in January. Our department is only 10 people so if the two of them are gone and another person is 99% getting a transfer, it's going to be a whole different office upon my return.
*This past weekend CP and I cleaned out the second bedroom. It had been basically a junk room with a queen bed for guests, but now that we have my mom and my MIL staying with us after the baby arrives (at separate times), we needed to clean it up for their stays. Now that it is basically clean, our house is as ready is as it going to be for the baby!!
*This week is pretty hectic trying to fit in various social obligations before the baby arrives and makes it more difficult. Our friends braved the awful weather on Sunday and came over to our place to hang out and watch football. Well, they have two year old twins so not a ton of football was watched as we ran around keeping them out of various things in our house, but it was nice to see them! Last night was my RESOLVE dinner with the currently-pregnant and currently parenting fellow infertiles. They were all so excited that I came to the dinner at almost 38 weeks pregnant. Tonight we are going out to dinner in the city to celebrate my dad's birthday. Then tomorrow night I am meeting a former college track teammate for dinner in the suburbs whom I haven't seen in years (she just moved to Chicago). After all of this I hope to sleep for an entire day. HA!
*My hospital-grade breast pump arrived yesterday in the mail (three cheers for Obamacare!). I opened the box and checked everything out, but will wait to fully inspect it until after the breastfeeding class this Sunday.
*I took a few minutes out of my work day yesterday to check out where I am supposed to pump after coming back to work. They actually have a Medalla pump here and if I want to, I can bring my own tubing and supplies. Not sure what I am going to do at this point, but doing that would save me a bunch of hassle having to drag the pump and supplies back and forth three times a week. Then I could just keep my regular pump at home.
*The underwire on my current bras has been killing me so I thought buying a nursing bra without underwire would help these last few weeks. I went to Nordstroms where I was told they have a large selection for women with huge melons. They only had one style that was underwire-free (I read on one of your blogs that underwire can sometimes cause mastitis) which I ended up buying, but I think that once my milk comes in, it's not going to fit anymore. The saleswoman said that "it will stretch", but it is currently fitting NOW. So, uh...we'll see.
*I also bought a few nursing shirts for easy access while I am on maternity leave. I'm not going to look sexy, but at least I will be comfortable and provide easy access.
*Koda hasn't been doing well. The bone near her eye is jutting out more and more and now the extra eye flap (not sure what it is called) is usually covering most of her eye. We took her into the vet this past weekend and got some ointment that is helping with the irritation, but I get more worried every day. It doesn't seem to bother her, but I can't imagine she can see through the flap. Twice this week she hasn't been that interested in eating or only finishes half her bowl of food which is completely unlike her. We are not sure if it is because it hurts her to eat or if it is something else.
| Poor Koda. Check out her left eye. |
*I had a dream last night that I fell off a cliff. I woke up startled at 4am and was so freaked out, I had to putz around on my phone for a few minutes before trying to go back to sleep. I quickly googled what that meant and it basically means that I am feeling out of control about something in my life. Hmmm....could it be that I am having a baby in less than two weeks???
4 comments:
Oh good! I was thinking of you the other day and was hoping everything was ok.
Sounds like you've been crazy busy!
I hope sweet Koda is ok. Poor pup :-(
A favorite trick of mine is simply taking the underwire out of an otherwise we'll fitting bra. Just a little scissor snip at the end at your armpit and you can push it right out!
Thinking of you! Sounds like you are doing a great job nesting. :)
Hope the new ointment helps Koda...poor thing.
You have been busy!! Sounds like you've been getting lots done. I'm nervous about getting our car seats inspected. We've got hand me downs from friends and I'm just praying they work! They should, as they don't expire for another year, but until I know for sure.... Two weeks to go. So excited for you!
Post a Comment