So far, today hasn't been horrendous.
This morning felt like a normal morning, other than my alarm going off. I woke up, changed Izzy, nursed her and then was able to hand her off to CP while I pumped the other boob. I jumped in the shower and tried to figure out what the heck I was going to wear. I actually put on a bra with underwire (!) and wearing work clothes made me feel all grown up. Thanks to my weight loss, my pants are not too tight, even with my pooch. The walk from the train to work was nice, albeit cold, and now that I am not pregnant I opted to take the stairs everywhere I went.
As soon as I got into work coworkers stopped by and immediately noticed my weight loss (not just from the pregnancy). It's true the last time that I saw them I was 9 months pregnant, but I'm at least 10 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. It felt really nice to hear that as I really haven't been working on losing weight (thank goodness for breastfeeding). I showed off the picture I brought in of Izzy and everyone oohed and aahed.
I had 1529 emails to attend to and my day has basically consisted of trying to figure out which ones I can delete and which ones I need to read. I assume I will get updated on all of my projects throughout the week and coworkers are giving me some time to ease back into my job. I also met my new boss who seems nice. So far he has let me do my own thing, but of course, it is my first day back AND his first full week in the office so I think that he is busy doing other things right now. My boss' boss has already been in to ask questions on a program this morning and it took me a few seconds to get my brain ready to fire on "work cylinders" instead of "high-pitched voice lets-try-to-get-you-to-smile cylinders." :-) He apparently didn't get the memo that people were supposed to take it easy on me today!
It has been seriously weird to whip out my boobs and pump at work, but the first two sessions have gone well (7.5 oz this morning, 5 at lunch). On your suggestions, I did go out and buy a hands free bra so I was able to eat lunch while pumping (oddest.thing.ever.). The work day has gone by fairly quickly so far, but I'm still counting down the hours until I see my little girl!
3 comments:
Sounds like it went well, and most people actually gave you time to get back into things! Maybe "make-you-smile" mode works on some bosses, too...
And yay for the weight loss!
Glad you had a good day back, it takes time to get used to be in both worlds and both head space between work and baby. Glad things are working with you! We have to hang out soon!
Sounds like a pretty good first day back to work. I would feel funny about pumping at work too. Glad you are able to multi task while doing it!
Post a Comment