Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.02.2014

Monday bullets

-It is really awkward when a daycare worker tells you that your breastmilk is very good because it is thick and like cream.  Ummmm thanks?

-You feel terrifically awful giving your child your cold.

-Despite the fact that your child is regularly sleeping through the night, every once in a while you freak out when you wake up and either check the monitor, or go into her room to make sure that she is still breathing.  You find out that your husband is doing the same thing and you feel a little less crazy.

-You find yourself even more attracted to your husband after watching him interact with your child.  I had an inkling that he would be a great father just by how he interacted with our dogs or friends' kids.  But you never truly know until suddenly you are co-parenting your kid.  I was also a little worried that he wouldn't bond with Izzy until she was a few months old and started interacting with him because he seemed to not be as excited about my pregnant belly as I was, but he jumped into being a dad from the very beginning!  

-Why don't all infant clothes come with zippers instead of snaps?  It's so much easier to change them!! Our neighbor had her third child a few weeks ago and came to our Memorial Day weekend BBQ with her son in a magnetic sleeper.  Now THAT sounds like the best thing ever invented. (She did mention that sometimes it gets lost in the dryer because it sticks to the side- ha ha ha.)

-After over a year without my period, I forgot just how sh*tty they are.  I amazingly didn't get hormonal during pregnancy or after giving birth...but boy did I notice how irritated I was at CP last weekend.  Yikes.  Hopefully the PMS just hit me hard because it had been so long....or else I do sort of feel bad for CP.

-I also forgot just how HUNGRY I get right before my period. Damn.  I will have to remember that for this coming month and make myself go for a walk or run instead of trying to eat everything in sight!

-CP left for another work trip to Thailand yesterday.  Originally his trip was cancelled because of the coup, but higher-ups told him last week "while we can't make you go, you know how important this project is...."  So of course he had to go.  ARGH.  Hoping the next two weeks fly by.....

7 comments:

Amber said...

Love the bullet point updates! Sorry CP has to be gone so long. I always kind of like to have a night by myself, but more than that and you just feel lonely. Hope it goes by fast for you!

Anonymous said...

I like the bullet points too. You can fit so much information in a short post! We have one of those magnetic sleepers for our girl. It's size 0-6 months and still fits her, but now when I put it on her, she kicks so much she tears the whole thing open in 10 minutes. Lol. Works best for younger, less squirmy babies, I think!
I hope you enjoy girl time while CP is gone!

Esperanza said...

I have a hard time commenting on bullet posts because each one makes me think of something else I want to say, but it seems weird to just mention them randomly in one paragraph!

I suppose I'll just pick one: I'm sorry CP is away for so long. Solo-parenting is HARD work. I hope the weeks fly by.

Oh, and I've never heard of this magnetic sleeper. Can you post a link to one? I'm intrigued. ;)

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

That first bullet cracked me up! Um…awkward. lol

Natalie said...

yes to the husband thing! we have some magnetic sleepers and they are great! also, totally check on Brecken every night before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up (an hour before she gets up)...don't see that habit stopping anytime soon!

@JessEsco said...

How sweet that he also checks on her! Also I agree, I hate snaps!

JenS said...

Snaps are the devil! We have banned any pajamas that have snaps. If we get hand me downs we just pass those right along to the next person. Zippers only around here. Especially now that they are so squirmy and do NOT want to spend any time on the changing table.