Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

4.10.2015

Admitted

2015 is continuing to not be a good year. I drove CP to the infectious doctor appointment today because he didn't feel up to driving since he barely slept (again) last night. I'm glad that I did because the doctor didn't have any answers and sent CP to the ER so that he could be admitted.

I called my boss to let him know that I was taking the rest of the day off and spent a few hours with CP while he got re-hydrated via an IV, received two different kinds of antibiotics in hopes that one of them gets rid of whatever he has, and waited for more blood and other tests to come back.

His liver and kidneys tests are a little off but his white blood cell count increased even more (it was just over 10,000 on Monday, today it was over 17,000- a healthy male is usually between 4,000 and 9,000). I feel safe with him in the hospital but they just checked his temperature and it was 103. Not good.

The doctor estimated that CP would be in the hospital 2-4 days while they ran tests and pumped him full of antibiotics. Unfortunately kids under 6 are not allowed in the hospital so poor CP will likely be there by himself a bunch because my parents are out of town and I will need to ask neighbors to watch Izzy for me to go see him.

Obviously we are hoping that these broader antibiotics kill whatever is going on in CP's body so that he can get better, come home and head back to work.....

14 comments:

jAllen said...

I'm sorry to hear that he is this sick, but I'm glad he was admitted to get the care he needs! Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Oh no! Poor thing. Hope he gets better soon.

Lanie said...

Eek! This is scary! Prayers for you guys!

Marianne said...

How scary and how much work for you!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm sure your husband will understand if you can't visit often.

Cristy said...

I'm so sorry. Hoping that the antibiotics do the trick and CP is back to his healthy self very soon.

Amber said...

Oh man, this is scary! I hope the antibiotics work and that they can figure out what the heck is going on! I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with this. Hugs, my friend!

Just T said...

I am so sorry you guys are going through this and don't have any answers yet. You're right though, he is in the best place. I hope there are some answers soon.

Aramis said...

Oh this just blows. I hope they figure out what's going on soon. Stay strong.

JenS said...

I'm glad he's being taken care of, but it must be so frustrating to not know what's going on. Hope they figure it out soon.

Gypsy Mama said...

Oh so sorry to hear this. How stressful this must be for you! Keeping you both in my thoughts & hoping the antibiotics do the trick!

Gypsy Mama said...

Oh so sorry to hear this. How stressful this must be for you! Keeping you both in my thoughts & hoping the antibiotics do the trick!

Liz said...

Really hoping the antibiotics do the trick and that's he's feeling better and home soon. So scary!

Conceptionally Challenged said...

So sorry to hear this news, and glad that he is in good hands. Hoping things look better soon.

ADSchill said...

Not having answers is the worst. Ugh. I'm sorry you are all going through this and he has to be on his own a lot. At least it will force him to rest and recover from this. I pray these meds work quickly.