Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.04.2015

Microblog Mondays



Infertiles often get very frustrated that our bodies can't or won't do what they are supposed to do. I am currently at that point with my body. My body held on to my uterine lining for way too long so we helped it along with a drug called Provera. On day two of my cycle my lining was still measuring a very thick 10.4 so I went back again today to see if I made any progress. Turns out I did (now I am measuring 7.4) but my doctor really wants me at 5-6 so I am still thicker than she would like.

What does this mean? Well today I started birth control and on the 15th I will have a saline sonogram. Depending on what the doctor sees during that procedure will determine our next steps. If she still feels that the lining is too thick then I will have a hysteroscopy under sedation where my lining will get scraped out. My uterus will have to wait at least three weeks to heal before we even think of doing anything. However, if the doctor likes what she sees on the sonogram then my timeline will get pushed up a little bit. 

After a discussion with the nurse it looks like July would probably be the earliest for my next cycle. So right now we are in a holding pattern with no clear-cut path. And of course I need to have a negative active CMV test before we do anything....


Want to read more Microblog Mondays? Go here....

9 comments:

Amber said...

I think the waiting game for the next cycle/procedure/transfer is the hardest part of this whole process! I feel like you wait and wait and wait, but then when the time comes and you are in an active treatment, it's like BOOM! It's suddenly go time. I hope your lining cooperates and you are able to get the show on the road sooner rather than later.

Jess said...

Oh man, I hope that saline sonohystogram shows the lining you need to start. How ironic that you need that nice thick lining for transfer, but now you need a thinner one to start. There is little more frustrating than bodies doing things at the absolute wrong time. I hope everything cooperates and you have lots to keep you busy during that endless holding pattern time.

Mali said...

It's all so frustrating, isn't it? Wishing you well.

Gypsy Mama said...

Oh it's so frustrating when our bodies won't cooperate! I really hope you get some good news and your time line doesn't get pushed back.

Gypsy Mama said...

Oh it's so frustrating when our bodies won't cooperate! I really hope you get some good news and your time line doesn't get pushed back.

Rachel Lewis said...

I hate it when our bodies don't do what they need to do! I haven't been active in infertility treatments yet, but I can only imagine how frustrating that is.

Aramis said...

The delay sucks, but might I say that July is a great month to cycle. You'd be due in the spring, so just as it's getting nice out you are able to get out with the stroller for walks. Just trying to give you a bit of a silver lining!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I'm sorry you're delayed. Hope this can resolve without the hysteroscopy.

JustHeather said...

Ugh! I always hated this additional unknown. May everything be well when you go back in and you do'nt have to wait until July.