Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

4.30.2015

Next steps

I miscarried the weekend of March 13th. Man that seems like a lifetime ago. The frozen transfer and the subsequent short pregnancy just feel like a bad dream.

After my follow-up ultrasound, the nurse said that I would get a period within 2-3 weeks.That period has gone missing until today. I'm fairly certain that I ovulated over two weeks ago which I thought was odd, but after the usual 10 day luteal phase, my period was still missing. 

Yesterday I headed to the RE to see what was going on. My hormones were quiet and my lining was still very thick. I was given a prescription for Provera to help induce my period and it worked rather quickly!

So tomorrow I will have an ultrasound and bloodwork done for my baseline. I have a consult with my RE on May 15th to go over the frozen transfer/miscarriage and to discuss the next fresh cycle. Hopefully CP will be able to make that appointment as well. I will have a saline sonogram to make sure my uterus looks okay on May 29th. It all depends on this period. We are hoping for a heavy flow to get rid of my lining so that I don't have to have a hysteroscopy (when the RE has to scrape the lining out of your uterus while you are under sedation. This is not a great procedure for those of us with endo so I'm hoping that we don't have to go that route.)

From there, who knows? Based on how long it took for me to get my period and how long it will take to get through all of these procedures before I even start any drugs, I would say I won't need to worry about the positive CMV test.....so that's at least a plus. So maybe a June or July fresh cycle? I know that tomorrow is already May but that seems so far away.

6 comments:

Just T said...

Hoping you get good news and no surgery!

Conceptionally Challenged said...

Good luck! Fertility treatment timelines are so strange - there's such a long wait and then suddenly everything happens at once. Hoping the wait isn't too bad!

Gypsy Mama said...

time passes so slowly when you are waiting to try again. I guess it's nice that the weather is warm so you can keep busy outdoors. I always find the winter harder.

Gypsy Mama said...

time passes so slowly when you are waiting to try again. I guess it's nice that the weather is warm so you can keep busy outdoors. I always find the winter harder.

Cristy said...

May time fly and there be very good news soon!

ADSchill said...

The waiting is killer. Just keep busy and plan lots of activities with your daughter. Before you can blink, June will be here. I'm glad things are moving along now and you have a plan. That is always comforting.