Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

4.16.2015

Positive

You have got to be f*cking kidding me. That's right kids now I have tested positive for CMV! Hooray!

Thankfully I am just feeling a little tired and having stomach issues...no fever or rash so far and I'm still at work armed with Immodium if I have to take more. Please please don't let me get any more symptoms.

*sigh*

I have a call into the doctor to see what this means. Do I need to come in for liver testing to see if I have an enlarged liver like CP too? Do I need to get tested again in a few weeks to make sure that I don't have active CMV before getting pregnant? How long will we have to push off getting pregnant?

This is truly not what I needed right now.


11 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Oh noooo.....I'm so sorry to hear this! Keep us posted on what you find out.

Kate said...

oh no... =\

Cristy said...

Swearing on this end for you. I am so very sorry. Hoping for a fast recovery.

Conceptionally Challenged said...

Argh. I'm sorry. Hoping you feel better soon, and that it doesn't deter your plans too much.

Breathe Gently said...

Bugger bugger bugger! :( :(

Aramis said...

Wow, you guys are not having any kind of luck, are you? I hope you don't have the same go of it as CP has...Izzy needs functioning parents!

ADSchill said...

Total crap. I'm really sorry.

jAllen said...

This absolutely sucks. I hope you don't get as sick as CP and you're both cleared to procreate soon. This is the worst delay of all time!

Gypsy Mama said...

Oh that totally sucks! I hope you don't get as sick as CP did and that this doesn't hold you up for too long.

Gypsy Mama said...

Oh that totally sucks! I hope you don't get as sick as CP did and that this doesn't hold you up for too long.

Amber said...

I'm sorry that you've also tested positive. Hopefully you don't get as sick as CP! Nobody needs that! I also hope it doesn't make it's rounds to Izzy and that it doesn't delay things too long for you in the ttc department. Ugh.