Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

9.29.2015

A whole lotta nothing

Yesterday I had my first monitoring appointment for IVF cycle #2 and sadly, there isn't much going on in my body. The old follicle is still there on my right ovary, doing a whole lot of nothing. I have a few small follicles on my left but no noticeable change from Friday. Bummer. Yesterday afternoon the nurse called to let me know that my hormones looked about the same as well and that I might just need some extra time to wake up my system after a few months of birth control.

I haven't had a chance to look back on my Jan/Feb 2013 posts to see what my mood was back then, but I am pretty sure that I was positive. Maybe it's the knowledge that my eggs and body are 2.5 years older, but I'm already getting anxious about this cycle.

This cycle, especially the fact that this will hopefully be a fresh cycle transfer, was one that was supposed to invoke confidence because it worked for us last time. A fresh cycle transfer resulted in Izzy. However, with a new protocol and with CP forgetting how IVF works (he wants me to give him a retrieval date so he can schedule work travel WHICH I OBVIOUSLY CAN'T GIVE HIM), I am already anxious. I'm not injecting small doses of drugs into my system right now so why isn't my body responding?

Sounds like it's time to fire up some Circle & Bloom mediation tracks.....next appointment is Thursday. Wake up ovaries!!

8 comments:

Gypsy Mama said...

Hopefully they spring into action soon!

Cristy said...

I remember the anxiety all too well. Going through IVF again is very different from the first time around. Even if it worked the first time as we know way too much about what can go wrong.

Fingers are crossed that everything wakes up soon.

Aramis said...

Ugh I was always a slow responder as well. I was also always oversuppressed on BCP. Hopefully those follicles wake up soon and kick into gear!

jAllen said...

My second cycle started out slowly too. My SD4 E2 level was barely above my baseline and things really didn't kick in until SD 7 or 8 and even then my RE was realistic about the possibility of cancelling, but and slow and steady simmer was a much better approach than my first cycle which responded too quickly and produced only a modest amount of crapy eggs. It's a marathon, not a sprint, slow may be the way to go!

BabyBlueSunday said...

I know IVF is stressful. I also responded very slowly to lang amounts of drugs. Hoping things kick up for you!

Amy Jo said...

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for some good news at your appt tomorrow.

Conceptionally Challenged said...

Argh. I hope they catch up.
My husband doesn't seem to remember those details either: "You mean, we can't just fly there and do a transfer?"

Jess said...

Ugh. Sorry things are slow to wake up. Hopefully by Thursday you'll be seeing progress!