Izzy may not be as excited and hopeful about this upcoming cycle as we are. On Labor Day we hosted a BBQ with friends and their kids (thankfully the rain held off because there were A LOT of kids). Towards the end of the party I was holding one of our friend's babies who is about 8 months old (he's a chunker but man he felt so light compared to Izzy!). Izzy saw me holding him, ran over crying saying "Up! Up!" She was NOT a happy camper.
In addition, the other day we were in the grocery store and Izzy pointed out a baby. I said, "That is a baby. Do you want Mommy to have a baby?" Her answer? An unequivocal no. Ha ha.
Well kiddo I hate to break it to you but this cycle is happening. Day 1 is coming in just two short weeks. My meds are all here and we will FINALLY be working towards creating a brother or sister for you- whether you like it right now or not. :-)

7 comments:
Poor Izzy! Does she get jealous if you play with the dog?
Not long until your start date! I am due in 8 weeks and I think E will have the shock of her life. I keep telling her about the baby but she really isn't understanding. We just have to deal with it once the baby arrives 😁
YAY! Things are rolling! And yes, the idea of a baby will be an adjustment for her for awhile but she'll get there eventually!
So glad things are rolling on......
So exciting that the beginning of this next go round is finally approaching! Izzy may not be excited now, but I do picture her being a great big sister!
LOL, poor Izzy ;)
I hang out with a friend and her 18 months old when SB while on maternity leave, and he got very jealous when his mom held SB. I'm sure she'll adjust and be a great big sister :)
How funny... I wonder if that's developmental to her age? I bet when that little nugget arrives that she may just change her mind. Best of luck to you, exciting times to have meds in the house and be just a little while away from starting this new cycle after such a long wait!
Post a Comment