Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

9.26.2015

Commence IVF cycle #2

This has been quite a hectic two weeks after flying to NH for CP's grandmother's funeral, flying home on Monday, turning around and flying to LA for work on Tuesday, then taking the red eye on Thursday night in order to make my blood work and ultrasound appointment on Friday morning! It didn't give me a lot of time to worry about the cycle, but I was nervous when I went into my appointment. Had my fibroid grown too much? How was my lining? What about my hormones?

My nurse called yesterday afternoon with the good news. Everything looked good with most of my hormones (my FSH was 10- my clinic likes to see anything less than 10 so I just may have to push a higher amount of drugs later on in the cycle) and I still have a leftover follicle but my clinic isn't worried about that.

Last night on Day 4 of my cycle I started 300 units of Gonal f, 225 of Menopur, 100mg of doxycycline (2x a day)- an antibiotic, and 1 tablet of dexamethasone (steroid). I was very rusty at mixing everything together and my insurance company's pharmacy forgot to include antibiotic wipes (!)- luckily I had about 10 leftover from my frozen cycle earlier this year that I was able to use last night (I bought more today).

So we are off! My next appointment is on Monday and hopefully things continue to go well.

Also last night Izzy decided to tell me "Loves you" while I was putting her to bed. It was prior to me saying it to her before I left the room so she did it on her own! Best words out of her mouth yesterday. :-)

11 comments:

Marianne said...

Thinking of you, have everything crossed!!

Gypsy Mama said...

Best of luck, I'll be sending you many goodvibes.

Also, how sweet it must be to hear your child say that :)

jAllen said...

I was getting a little concerned, as it's not like you to go so long without posting! What a whirlwind! Sometimes it's helpful to be really busy as it's a welcome distraction during your cycle. Fingers crossed for a good report on Monday!

Endo_Life said...

fingers crossed for a great cycle. How cute to hear Izzy say that!

Jess said...

Oh, you're off and running! Very exciting times, although definitely stressful mixing all the various cocktails and feeling like a home pharmacist. :) Glad you had some leftover antibiotic wipes until you could get more! And oh, so sweet of Izzy. Good vibes, good vibes!

Conceptionally Challenged said...

Yay! Glad to see things are finally moving after you've had so many setbacks before even starting this cycle. Fingers crossed! And how cute of Izzy :)

Aramis said...

That must have been so awesome to hear from Izzy! Good luck with the cycle, hope it goes nice and smooth!

Jess said...

Yay! Everything crossed that this will be your cycle!

Alice said...

We just got a proposed protocol from our doctor, and i find it totally fascinating how different they all are. I have several of the same meds of course, but [as far as I know] no antibiotic. And apparently if we go forward I would not use an intra-muscular trigger, which people tell me is a good thing. It's still all kind of greek to me :) GOOD LUCK and wonderful positive cycle thoughts to you!!

Shelley said...

Just popping in to say that I hope everything's gone well with the first few days of stimming!!! Hope all goes/went well at your appointment today!

KelBel said...

Aww...I love that Izzy said that to you. :) SO sweet!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!