Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.25.2015

Oh body how I hate you

Remember how I was worried that an early period while on the flare protocol would screw up my cycle? Well it turns out that I had a bit of bleeding for part of a day but my full period never came. It's currently Day 34 and nothing. ARGH. Usually I'm a Day 28 kind-of-girl so the flare protocol must have screwed up my system. 

I have an appointment on Monday for bloodwork and ultrasound to see what is going on. If I don't start stims prior to December 4th I am going to have to wait until January to cycle because the lab closes for Christmas.

While it is helpful that it doesn't look like I will have to drive into Chicago from my parents place in MI this weekend for my baseline, I am beyond frustrated that I can't get a stupid period. JUST BLEED ALREADY.

The one piece of good news (but also sad in a way) is that it looks like I have blown through our medication deductible this year with our insurance company. This year I have spent at least $5000 on meds which means that I have my RE ordering the meds for the next cycle now even if I don't cycle until January. Might as well save myself a few thousand dollars, right? 

Maybe the tryptophan in the turkey tomorrow will not only put me to sleep, but also induce a period? One can only hope....


2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh no. I can so commiserate with feeling betrayed by your body... I hope that your commands to your uterus work and maybe tryptophan will induce bleeding! How frustrating. That's exciting about your deductible though... get those meds in while you can! A positive among the frustrations. Wishing you a Thanksgiving Period... :)

Amber said...

How annoying! We spend so much of our life not wanting our periods to come, and then when you actually want to see it, it doesn't show up! I'm sorry. Hopefully you will have a turkey induced period. That is awesome that your RE will order the meds for you now, so that you can take advantage of the insurance coverage! Although, I'm sorry you've had to spend so much already to meet the deductible. No matter when you end up cycling, I pray it will be the one that works!