Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.13.2016

Microblog Mondays: Over or Under





I never believed that there was a right or wrong way to load the toilet paper until I had a toddler. In fact I thought that it was seriously stupid that people actually spent time thinking about it. Then came Izzy. Izzy likes to slap the toilet paper roll at times and if it is not loaded the correct way (aka "under"), the entire roll could spill to the floor.

So despite what the original inventor of perforated toilet paper said in his patent application, the correct way to load toilet paper is under. (The inventor clearly didn't have kids.)





Want to read more Microblog Mondays? Go here.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Ha, even your picture gives me the heebie-jeebies! I will change the roll to over if someone (Bryce) has loaded it under. I hate under. That said, under is probably easier for little hands because the 'tail' dangles there without being too long, like it would be if it was over (too easy for say, cats to attack and then have the entire roll disemboweled on the floor). I love Izzy for having a strong opinion on this so early! :)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

This is something I never gave thought to until someone asked me which way I load it. I had to actually check the next time I put on a roll. I am an under girl.

Isabelle said...

Ha. I was laughing out loud reading this. I am sure life would be different once we have a toddler, but now I am like Jess. I change the roll to over if it's not done my way. :)

Gypsy Mama said...

I used to load it under, but I find if I load it over, it's harder for Paloma to grab a million pieces at once

Lavonne @ the OCD infertile said...

I'm an over kinda girl but this totally made sense why you would have it under. A good tip to remember if I ever have children. :)

jAllen said...

I've always insisted that it should be over (I will change a roll if it is under) and the new toilet paper baby proofing gadget we have requires and over set up

Alice said...

Hahaaaaa I am 100% an OVER ALWAYS girl... but this is a very compelling argument that I can see needing to capitulate to in the future :D