Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.07.2016

Current situation

It's 4:40 and I'm exhausted. Wesley nursed around 7pm, then promptly passed out on CP the rest of the night. We finally woke him up at 10:30 to change his diaper and eat; unfortunately he was then up and either crying or eating until a little past 1am. Buster nudged us around 3am or so, panting, because he probably ate something funny in the backyard earlier. Wes is up to eat again a little after 4am and I do my best to try to stay awake. He sems full and sleepy so let's hope he doesn't put up a fuss going back to sleep as this mama needs some rest!!

More blogspots to come now that my MIL has gone home after two weeks here....

****Update: Wow. Sleep deprivation is real yo. The takeaway from this post? I am exhausted and should have reread it before posting it. LOL. Hopefully future posts will make more sense. :-)  *****

5 comments:

Cristy said...

I remember those early days with two small infants. Grey and I had feeding/diaper duty shifts until the Beats started sleeping though the night (was around the time they were 3 months old age adjusted). It's painful and we both struggled. But this will pass.

Hope MIL was helpful.

Feisty Harriet said...

I have zero helpful advice or stories from the war room of newborns...but, I have ALL the empathy. Hang in there!

xox

Alice said...

Oof. I see my future very very clearly here :-) Hang in there and I hope you get some sleep soon!! xoxox

Amber said...

Sleep deprivation is no joke! I remember those early days. I don't know how any of us make it through, but we all seem to find a way! Kudos to you because not only are you in the newborn stage, but also have a toddler too!

Jess said...

I hope things get better...I believe in the horrors of sleep deprivation. And I hope Buster didn't eat anything TOO weird in your backyard!