Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.23.2016

Quick update

CP and I left the hospital on Tuesday afternoon without Wes. It was really weird leaving the hospital without a baby. Thankfully that night CP went back to the hospital for Wes' 9pm feed and found him doing better. Wes ended up surprising the doctors with his quick recovery from the CPAP machine and came home on Thursday afternoon. Since then there has been a lot of snuggling to make up for lost time.

Currently he is still a very sleepy newborn and is getting up every two hours or so to nurse. Thankfully he is going right back to sleep afterwards so I am getting some broken sleep throughout the night. 

Every day my pain level decreases and I am already off the painkillers. It's still hard to get out of bed when Wes starts to fuss so currently I hold onto the headboard to help me lift myself up to a sitting position. I'm also having gas/bloating pain and had a headache all day today. I still am holding onto a lot of fluid (especially in my feet/ankles) so I am only down 8 lbs since the morning of Wes' birth. Pretty ridiculous considering Wes was 8 lbs, 3 oz....

Will try to type up my birth story soon and Wes' NICU story.






10 comments:

RiverOwl said...

Long time no comment but I am so glad that you're both doing doing well - and congratulations!!! Thanks for the update!

Gemini.Apache said...

I can't imagine recovering from major surgery and then having to take care of a newborn around the clock. Your a trooper! i hope you have a quick recovery and get back to normal soon.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're all home! Hope you recover and adjust quickly!

Lindsay said...

Great to hear he is home! Best wishes for a continued recovery for yourself.

Jess said...

Oh, congratulations on bringing him home! I hope that your recovery goes well and the pain gets less every day, although it sounds pretty painful and the swelling sounds uncomfortable. I am glad for all the snuggles to make up for lost time.

Jess said...

Oh, I'm so glad he's home with you! What a relief.

Risa said...

I'm glad you're both home and doing well! Have fun with all of the baby snuggles!

Alice said...

I'm so happy to hear he's home!! YAY!! Can't wait to see pics of the cutie pie :)

Feisty Harriet said...

I am so glad you are all home and busy snuggling!!!

xox

Amber said...

I'm so glad he was able to come home so quickly! Although I know even one night in the NICU is too many. It took at least at least a month for my feet to stop swelling, and even longer for them to feel back to "normal." That's probably not comforting, but the good news is that the swelling DID finally go away! I hope the rest of your recovery goes quickly and smoothly, and you can all settle into a new routine as a family of four!