The house is not in order and could be much cleaner. Waiting until last Sunday to take down infant and newborn stuff from the attic was a mistake. We were able to go through all of Izzy's old clothes and give away everything that was 12mo and larger to a friend. I have another box of girl clothes from newborn-9mo just waiting to figure out where to drop it off. The gender-neutral clothing that baby #2 can wear still needs to be washed. All of the infant contraptions need to be put together and are in pieces, mostly on our living room floor.
The nursery is a disaster with hand-me-down clothes strewn all over the place and boxs of toys and other items placed haphazardly throughout the room. I know that baby #2 is not going to sleep in there for a while but at least point I we couldn't even use the changing table or really the room.
This morning I freaked out because although we have the pack n'play ready to go, I couldn't find the bassinet part and that is where we plan on baby #2 sleeping for the first two months or so. CP and I traded text messages on whether we could order a new one from Amazon or what we were going to do. We couldn't even remember what it looked like! Thankfully my boss allowed me to work from home today so I got out the manual to figure out what I was looking for and went searching in the basement, closets, the attic, etc. finally finding both the bassinet, the infant bath sling, the Boppy, and My Brest Friend in a plastic container that I thought was empty. For a while there I was seriously freaking out though.
After I get off of work today I still have a bunch of things to do:
-pack hospital bag. Yep, I totally waited until the last minute to do this. I just found my nursing bras and tops on Sunday and had to wash them!
-continue washing infant soft items and clothes
-clean up nursery- at least enough so that we can use it for diaper changes, put away clothes, burp clothes, etc.
-buy diapers and probably a going-home outfit because I don't think that I have one?!?
-wrap Izzy's gifts from baby brother & pack in hospital bag.
If I was having a vaginal birth I wouldn't worry about some of these things because although I would assume that I would be sore, I would be able to move around and do more. I re-read my post on recovering from the c-section and think that things are going to be tougher this time around because of Izzy. I have told her a couple of times that I won't be able to pick her up for a while and she will be in daycare during the day, but I don't think that she is going to understand. :-( Thankfully my mom and CP are going to be around the first week, then my MIL will be coming in for two weeks.
I wish that I felt more ready, but he's coming tomorrow whether I like it or not. Here goes nothing!
13 comments:
Oh my God- can't believe tomorrow's the big day! Enjoy it and update when you can- how exciting!
Everything will be fine. Things will get done eventually. I'm so excited for you and your new addition and I can't beleive you worked up until today! Can't wait for pictures and reports.
You are going to rock this, Mama! The second time around is easier in so many ways, and Izzy will do great and be an awesome big sister:)
Ahhh! Good luck tomorrow and it'll all be fine! Everything will get done and if it doesn't, the baby won't even know! ;)
Thinking of you today and hoping for a smooth and easy delivery and a fast recovery for you! So excited to "meet" baby boy!
Yay baby! Can't wait to meet him!
Yaaaaay! You got this!
xox
EEE tomorrow is TODAY!! THERE IS A BABY TODAY!! So excited for you and can't wait to see the update!! :) :) :)
tomorrow IS today!!! T&Ps for a smooth delivery and healthy baby/mommy! C-section #2 recovery is definitely much different with a toddler to care for - TAKE THE PAIN MEDS! lol can't wait to meet the new little!
Wow can't believe tomorrow is the day already! Looking forward to seeing photos!
Hope it all went well! I did not know it was so soon. Great final update before baby #2 nonetheless.
So he must be here already - wow, this snuck up on me, too! Hope you're all well!
I'm sure the other stuff will be sorted out.
Oh my gosh! That DID sneak up! You do sound very organized for as disorganized and caught off guard as you felt when you read this. I was on vacation and missed it "before," so I hope you are busy recuperating and enjoying the little guy as I write! So exciting.
Post a Comment