Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.11.2016

Day in the Life- Summer 2016 Part 2

As I mentioned on Thursday, I thought that it would be nice to document both a weekday and a weekend day in our last few days before Baby #2 gets here so enjoy Part 2!


Day in the Life- Summer 2016 Part 2
Saturday, July 9th

CP is 40
I am 37.5 and 37 weeks, 1 day pregnant
Izzy is 2.5 
Buster is 5.5


Went to bed just before 11 Friday night. Peed twice throughout the night.

6:50- We hear Izzy crying and I decide to get up with her. She is crying because she can't find her caterpillar book (The Very Hungry Caterpillar). She asks to go downstairs, I tell her we have to hit the bathroom first. I take off her pullup, Then into the bathroom we go. She tries, I pee. We thump down the stairs with Buster.

Let Buster out, grab milk for Izzy, and I grab Buster's breakfast in the basement. Buster is let back in the house to gobble up his breakfast while Izzy asks for a movie. I turn on a Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood episode and Izzy asks to sit in my lap.


Cutie pie


The show finishes so I ask Izzy to get me a banana because I am starving. She gets one for herself as well. CP comes downstairs just as Izzy asks to watch the Letter Factory, but we tell her that TV watching is done. She complains for a bit but we try to distract her with the promise of going out to breakfast.

7:45- Izzy grabs her Keens and puts them on the wrong feet, then says she needs to park her dinosaur before we go upstairs to get clothes on. She picks out her outfit and then decides that she needs to use the bathroom all by herself. "Turn light on mommy!" She pees all by herself but takes too much toilet paper.. I put my contacts in with some trouble because there seems to be something in one eye, then we get her dressed. She runs downstairs to be with Daddy. I stand in my room annoyed that I have nothing to wear. Less than a week until I am closer to being out of maternity clothes!

We load up the car and decide on Corner Bakery for breakfast. It's so nice out we eat outside.


Hard at work


Izzy wants her sippy cup for her milk but we forgot to bring one so she setttles for a regular cup which gives her a milk moustache after she drinks it. She proclaims "just like Daddy!" (CP has a goatee.)



Izzy needs to use the bathroom so we go inside to pee. When we get back she wants to sit on CP because she is cold. Then we switch tables so she can sit in the sun. Then she claims she has to go to the bathroom again ("I tried."). When we get back she apparently likes the song that is playing so she has an impromptu dance party with CP.



Our goal is to head to the farmer's market today so we stop to get some cash. The market is across the street from a farm so we figure we will check out some animals first. Izzy and I head to the bathroom because my chai latte has gone right through me. There is a woman in the stall next to us farting and peeing so Izzy says "she tooted!" And starts to ask lots of why questions. I try to hurry Izzy up without laughing but as soon as we meet up with CP Izzy tells him "she tooted in the bathroom!" We stop by and say hi to the cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens before doing a quick wagon ride. Randomly we sit next to a woman and her son that I work with on homelessness (she works for a different company) so we chat during the ride. Afterwards Izzy has to jump on the two standing tractors to pretend to drive them and then we finally make it over to the market.


Not quite at 10 and 2


At the farmer's martket we buy blackberries, raspberries and peaches. We buy some fresh cheese as well (something delicious with black pepper on the outside), and run into a neighbor. Izzy pets a sheep that has been brought over from the farm before we get in the car.

10:50- We drive through a skunk smell on the way to the grocery store and I try to explain why a skunk makes that smell. My answer included the phrase "defense mechanism" so I'm sure Izzy didn't understand what I was saying. She simply keeps asking "why?" We get to the grocery store and grab a few things for lunch and to make blackberry smoothies. Izzy and I use the bathroom while CP checks out.

At home we make a blackberry, banana, kiwi, mint, kefir smoothie- mmmm delicious.


Proud of her blackberry "moothie" moustache


I lay on couch while izzy eats a peach from the farmer's market and plays with her toy kitchen. After Izzy and I go to the bathroom, I make her a cheese quesadilla while CP makes pork burritos with green chile rice (leftovers from last night when we had friends over). Avocado and black bean & corn salad round out lunch.

1- I take a quick shower and discover a third hemorrhoid to join Biff and Harry. Damn. Thank goodness I am giving birth on Friday.

1:15- I'm out of the shower and into the car to drive to the salon. It's my last wax and color before giving birth. While I wait for my grays to color away, a woman comes into the salon with her small dog and it annoys me. The smell of chemicals is pretty strong for me and I'm not a small dog. I'm also seriously wanting a nap.

4- My roots are colored, and my hair is cut and blown straight. When I get home CP is on the couch watching the Olympic trials while Izzy is napping. Track & field is on and they show the winning women's discus throw of 204'. CP asks how far I used to throw in college. I can't really remember so I google my maiden name and some of my results come up. CP is surprised at how far off from the Olympic athletes I used to throw but I remind him that although I was part of a Division 1 program, discus was not my best event. :-)

5:10- CP heads up to shower and a few mins later I head upstairs to wake up Izzy as she has been sleeping for about three hours! We have a tickle fight and she allows me to use detangler on her hair so that I can put it up for the night.

6- CP feeds Buster we head out to a local brewery to meet one of Izzy's daycare friends and his parents. I drink water while the adults drink beer. We were "that parents" that allowed our toddlers to dance around to the music.






We leave the brewery at 8:35. I bring Izzy upstairs to go through our nightly routine and she is asleep by 9:40. I head downstairs and CP and I watch the Olympic trials (swimming).

We watch a Last Week Tonight with John Oliver before CP heads upstairs (he drank a bunch at the brewery and the night before when we had friends over so he is tired). I decide to clean up and post Thursday's DITL post while watching American Ninja Warrior. I finally head upstairs at 12:15 which is way too late for me to go to bed. I'm going to regret this tomorrow.

7124 steps. Not great for a weekend day, but I neglected to walk Buster today and I did a bunch of sitting while at the salon, at the brewery, etc.

1 comment:

Lavonne @ the OCD infertile said...

I like the glimpse into your day to day. She is just so adorable! :)