This is Izzy's new bathing suit that she got to use this weekend. Her 3T suit was getting a little snug so I took her to Target to find a new 4T suit. I pointed out a bunch of options as I really wanted to get her a tankini-type bathing suit so it would be easier for her to go to the bathroom, but she only had eyes on this Supergirl bathing suit. I had to laugh as I bought it, but she LOVES it.
| Supergirl! |
First stop? The carousel where Izzy was in heaven riding on three different horses in her too-small hat.
Right near the carousel was a splash pad and although we forgot her bathing suit, I had an extra pair of underwear and shorts in my purse so we let Izzy run around in the water in her jeans. She was a little shy around the water but had fun. I can see us coming here again.
The downtown area had a bunch of ladybugs, caterpillars, turtles, etc. outside the shops and brightly painted. Izzy wanted to sit down on every single one of them.
![]() |
| Cranky before lunch |
After her nap on Sunday CP decided to break out the new Nemo kite we bought her. There wasn't quite enough breeze to really get the kite going and when Izzy would try to run she couldn't run fast enough. So CP hoisted her on his shoulders with instructions to hold her hand up high so that he could run and hopefully get the kite up.
![]() |
| CP fulfilling his role as HODOR |
I was doubled over in laughter watching this go down while Izzy was having the time of her life.
![]() |
| I mean, check out this face! |
How was your Fourth of July long weekend?



5 comments:
that last pic!!! so darling!'
xox
I cannot get OVER how adorable Izzy is in her Supergirl bathing suit... and it has a tutu? Ridiculously cute! Probably a nightmare for peeing, though. Such lovely vignettes of your long weekend. Even when she's cranky she's just so cute! We had a pretty low-key weekend, making lots of delicious food, Bryce made me a lemon chess pie, and fireworks in our neighborhood where we were so close ash rained down on us. Disturbing, but amazing. Good times, simple pleasures!
That sounds like a fun weekend. I love the bathing suit, and of Izzy trying to fly a kite. Flying a kite is a hard thing to accomplish and always ends with some funny pics, that's for sure.
Our holiday was rather anti-climactic, in that I worked the day shift and it was rather slow and easy. Everyone at home did chores and relaxed. It ended up being a rainy, rainy day so fireworks were cancelled. I grilled under the awning of our porch for dinner and we just hung out and played games. We did see the fireworks the next night.
Love that swimsuit- she's darling!
OMG, that swimsuit. Love love love it :D
Post a Comment