Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.02.2016

Almost Wordless Wednesday: Halloween

Leading up to Halloween Izzy was pretty excited. First things first, we made a Monster door with colored paper and ghosts to hang in our front yard (styrofoam heads, big button eyes, sticks for arms, and cheese cloth).

Izzy was pretty excited to pick out colorful buttons for the ghosts' eyes

Carving pumpkins went slightly better than last year. Izzy was more helpful in scooping out seeds, although she didn't like the slimy texture. 

Sorry for the bathroom picture but it is the only room in our house without light and it was sunny when we carved the pumpkins!

Finally it was the big day!


Ready to head out for candy


The last two years Halloween has either been snowing or freezing rain, so it was fantastic to finally have a nice night to trick or treat on Monday! I asked Izzy 5 different times what she wanted to be for Halloween and every time she answered it was "Superman." I even asked if she wanted to be Supergirl, but her answer was "No Mommy- Superman." Okay kiddo. I'm just excited that she didn't want to be a princess!

Meanwhile, Wes didn't have a say in his costume and Izzy's first Halloween costume wouldn't fit him, so he was a caterpillar. He wasn't a huge fan of the hat but was a good sport about being rolled around in the stroller.

Really Mom?


We walked around our neighborhood with a friend from Izzy's daycare and the kids did a pretty good job of saying "trick or treat" and "thank you"- sometimes with reminders, sometimes without reminders. Izzy had a good time running between houses and after getting candy would walk down the driveway and say "I want to go to the next house." Eventually, the kids got tuckered out from all of the running and excitement so we headed home.

Izzy with her stash

Overall, a successful Halloween. Now onto Thanksgiving and Izzy's birthday!

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

I love the rolly Polly caterpillar! He's so cute!! And Izzy is getting SO big! I love how proud she looks with her candy...she worked hard for it! Your pumpkins look cool, I love the swirly eyes!

Lacey Bean said...

I LOVE that Izzy was Superman!! And Wes looks adorable.

Amber said...

You have the cutest Superman and Caterpillar I've ever seen!

jAllen said...

So adorable. Great job on the pumkins too!

Jess said...

This is the best! I love your monster door and your pumpkins, and the button-eyed ghost. The caterpillar costume is adorable, and Izzy is AMAZING as Superman! Such big smiles. Happy Halloween!

Feisty Harriet said...

Halloween success on all fronts! Whoop!

xox