Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.07.2016

Microblog Mondays: Almost over




Back in June I declared myself ready for the election to be over. It could have something to do with being in my third trimester and already not being able to deal with the negativity of the Trump campaign. Fast forward to today. I voted early- almost two weeks ago and it was an easy vote for me.* Hillary has the experience, the temperament, and will work on issues that I care about. Like Louie C.K. said recently on Conan, Hillary is a mom and moms get sh*t done (paraphrased).

I am looking forward to tomorrow so that hopefully Donald Trump and his laughingstock of failed businesses will fade into oblivion.

I plan on rocking a pantsuit to work tomorrow and with any luck, celebrating the amazing (and overdue) accomplishment of our first female President of the United States tomorrow night. A friend recently added me to the Facebook group "Pantsuit Nation" and with over 1,700,000 members and tons of inspiring stories about why people are voting for Hillary, I am energized and ready for her to win!

#nastywomenvote. #imwithher




Want to read more Microblog Mondays? Go here.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I'm with her, too! Although I would argue she's a woman and women get sh*t done... :) I can't wait for all this to be over. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't be like other elections, and that the unpleasantness will continue on. Which makes me so sad. I'm going to go vote and then get pizza or BBQ and watch the news with Bryce... make it into a celebratory thing!

Risa said...

I seriously hope it's her. Is she my first pick for the first female president? No. But I'm terrified of waking up Wednesday and finding out we have a misogynistic sexual predator as president. Still. It will be pretty cool for my daughter's first president to be black and her second to be a woman.

Feisty Harriet said...

I had to stop following all politically based everythings a few months ago...I haven't signed on to Facebook for months and take a very critical eye to my Twitter feed. I just..i need it to be over (and for HRC to win. Obvs.).

xox

Libby said...

I just got added to Pantsuit Nation! It is a breath of fresh air -- I live in a red part of red Texas, so seeing other people for HRC is sooo encouraging!