I don't have any sick time or much vacation time because I had to use it for maternity leave so I don't have the luxury of taking time off work to try to get better...not to mention that my boss and his boss are out of the office this week on a work trip so I am the only supervisor for our division. I did take one day off last week to try to rest but with CP traveling to Puerto Rico last week and then North Carolina this week I can't get enough sleep to kick what I have. The antibiotics that I finally started on Monday are so far not helping and I'm assuming it will be a waste of time taking them. In addition, I have to add a probiotic to one of Wes' daycare bottles each day because the antibiotic can pass to him through my breastmilk and can cause diarrhea and/or a rash. So far he seems okay other than a cough and possibly starting to teethe (he "threw up" his bottle at daycare yesterday but I wonder if it was really throw up or simply spit up as he seemed fine last night). Meanwhile, Izzy is totally stuffed up and has an ear infection.
I did have a girls night planned with friends last Friday that I didn't end up attending because I felt so terrible and tomorrow night we have a neighbor's party where I probably will go but won't be much fun because I am so rundown. After getting in sort of a groove with running (as much as you can get in one when you only have time to run twice a week), I haven't gone on a run since the day before Thanksgiving. I hate feeling this way, but I'm not sure what I can do about it. I just have to push through like usual. I know that this is a first world problem as I will end up getting better but I just hope that it is soon. I'm not totally with it at work, my milk production is down (I assume from trying to fight the virus and from the small amount of Halls I have eaten?), I am so so tired, and I'm just not myself.
I've already told CP that I don't want to eat out, have him cook anything special, or get a cake until I can freaking taste my food again so hopefully we can celebrate next weekend? Friends are having a big party and I would like to drink at it- especially because last year I was secretly pregnant for the party and couldn't join in the fun!
So what's on tap for tomorrow? Taking Izzy to soccer practice, probably doing some holiday errands, then our neighbor's party. What I wouldn't give for a nice, long nap....
It's on to age 38 tomorrow. What is in store for me this coming year?
*Curious as to why I call my birthday my annual pretty princess day? Basically it is because CP hates it and now years later, it has stuck. LOL.
7 comments:
I love that you call it your pretty princess day! I remember reading about it last year. Or was it a few years ago? I don't know when, but I know I enjoyed that post too. I'm sorry you've been so sick. That is so not what any mom needs, ever! And especially hard with your husband traveling, I'm sure. Sending healthy vibes your way!
Ugh, It SUCKS to be sick on your birthday. Good plan to push the celebration until you can enjoy it!
Sounds like you need a babysitter, mother's helper or nanny to help out when CP is out of town. You need to take care of yourself!
Happy Birthday!! That's awful you are so sick. I can't imagine having to be at work all day feeling like shit and then coming home to two kids. Try to get some rest if you can- hope you kick that virus soon and the kids don't get it!!!
Oh, nooooo...I'm so sorry you're sick for your pretty princess day (that cracks me up, by the way). I think it's perfectly okay to postpone it until you can feel better and taste things, but it's so disappointing to have a birthday come and go and feel crappy for it. I hope you feel better, and I hope you have a great celebration when you're back to yourself!
Goodness, lady! I'm exhausted just reading this! I hope you get feeling better soon!
xox
Feel better soon. Hope you find the rest you need, and also happy Birthday!
Post a Comment