Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.05.2016

Microblog Mondays: Holiday list




We still have a while to go before Christmas, but I can already tell that it is going to be a special year with Izzy. This weekend we knocked some fun holiday things off our list.

We made and decorated Christmas cookies at a friend's house:




We took the easy route and had CP buy a tree at a nearby tree lot (in future years we hope to make it more of a production but I am sick and it would be hard with a stroller). Izzy was excited to help decorate and after we got all of the ornaments on the tree, Izzy started jumping up and down. I think that she may be a teensy bit excited about Christmas?


We went to a holiday train exhibit at the Botanic Gardens with friends (third year in a row). Sadly I didn't see any of it because Wes got hungry as soon as we got there so fed him the whole time!

No pictures of trains, but we did get a picture of a blue W for the Cubs World Series win!


We had a snowball fight with the kids:





Wes wasn't too sure about his first real snow, despite being warm enough:





Izzy made her first snowman:





Finally, Izzy enjoyed a sled ride around the backyard while Buster ran around like a crazy man in the snow (it's his favorite):




All of this excitement and no nap for Izzy made for an epic meltdown at the end of a dinner she refused to eat and then when trying to put her to bed, but it was a great weekend nonetheless!



What are some must-dos on your holiday list?


Want to read some more Microblog Mondays? Go here.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I've always loved Christmas, but it is definitely so much more festive and magical with kids! I love seeing Izzy's excitement in your pictures. We reintroduced our Elf on the Shelf for the second year now. We are attending a breakfast with Santa this coming weekend, followed by making a trip to a local tree farm to hopefully find the perfect Christmas tree, then going to the Parade of Lights here in town.

Risa said...

Ha ha! I wish I had Izzy's energy. Think about what we could accomplish?? Sounds like a fantastic weekend! We got our tree up and it feels so good to be able to put up Olivia's stocking. We accomplished some of our stuff, like seeing Santa and going to our yearly Christmas show. Christmas just seems so much better now. <3

Lollipop Goldstein said...

That snowman picture is too cute. She has the greatest smile.

Jess said...

What a great time! Were those googly eye sprinkles on the cookies? Love the snowman. So much great stuff here! We are just getting our decorations up but no tree since we're going to Vermont, and while we have people watching the house and the cat somehow adding a tree to the mix seems like too much. I love your traditions, though, and both kids look so happy (well, Wes looks a little confused by the white stuff but that seems normal).

Feisty Harriet said...

The googly eyes!! <3 <3 <3

xox