Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.23.2018

PF again

Yesterday I was able to get in to see a podiatrist about my heel issue that has plagued me since November. I have been trying to listen to my body more so that I could give the doctor more information about what was happening and when.

The heel cups that were supposed to provide more cushioning in my shoes didn’t seem to do anything so I clearly didn’t have a bone contusion. Based on his exam and then my more detailed description of what is going on, the doctor thinks that I have Plantar Fasciitis again. However it has presented itself in a different way than last time so that’s why I was convinced that it was something different. At least I am not trying to train for a half marathon right now like last time! (Sadly, I had to drop out of the Ragnar team race in May.)

The plan is to wear a night boot until the pain goes away. 


My new sexy night boot


It was tough to sleep with last night but it was also REALLY nice to not hobble out of bed this morning at 5am when Wes woke up crying from crusted snot all down his nose and an ear infection. The doctor also gave me stretching instructions and a pair of orthotic insoles for my high arches. Now that I have had this for a second time, I am going to be more prone to it so the doctor recommended that I continue to wear the orthotics even after I get better. Reading back on the last time that I had PF, I also had gained a bunch of weight right beforehand....sort of like last year so I bet that there is some correlation. Even more incentive to continue with Weight Watchers!

I am not allowed to run or do any high impact stuff until the pain is gone for a week so I will have to stick to the low impact T25 stuff and not run despite the nicer weather in the forecast. Fingers crossed I can get rid of the pain in the next couple of weeks so that I can be back to normal!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I’m glad you have a solid plan for getting rid of your heel pain! I hope it will be a quick couple of weeks and you’ll be able to hit the pavement again. Good luck!