Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.12.2010

Come on Friday...

Today I feel like I have been hit by a Mack Truck. I’m sore, my throat hurts and my eyes are really puffy. So you get bullets today!

· Thank you for your kind words yesterday. I can’t dwell on it every month or else I will go nuts. Thus, I am looking forward to trying again this month- hopefully with different results so that I can make fun of myself and my whiny/worried posts!

· Buuuuuut, then I saw this video today. Women with lots of stress had a 12% less chance of getting pregnant. Dr. Gupta you just stressed me out even more about trying to conceive!! THE CYCLE CONTINUES.

· Part of the reason I am so tired today might have to do with the horrible sleep I got last night. At 2:30am I woke up startled to a loud crash. Fuzzy Britches had been sleeping in another room, but doesn’t like loud noises, so she came tearing into the room scared out of her mind. I put on my glasses to investigate and in my daze couldn’t find anything in the house that fell. As I tried to get back to sleep my heart was pounding as I had convinced myself that there was an axe murderer in the house who was going to rape and kill me. Sometimes I hate when CP is away on business.

· For those of you near a National Park, entrance fees will be waived THIS WEEKEND.

· CP gets home tonight. YAY!

· I was talking to a friend last night who recently had a kid. She was talking about how she put together a mom’s group and that while she really likes the other moms and their kids, how it is really hard to not compare your kid to another kid. And how when someone is talking about their kid, your eyes glaze over because you don’t care. You only care about your kid. My friend’s solution? Ask a lot of questions and be over-interested in the other kids as to not seem as if she feels like her kid is superior (which of course she is. She has her genes!). I started laughing because CP and I do THE SAME THING with other dogs. We KNOW that Fuzzy Britches is the CUTEST DOG EVER and actually have to make an effort when we see other dogs to compliment them or ask questions because although Fuzzy Britches is CLEARLY superior and CLEARLY cuter, we don’t want to seem as if we are rude. If we ever have a kid, it will just get worse…..





When your dog takes amazing photogenic pictures like this?? You know she is the sh*t.





She even has the wind-blown look down pat!

4 comments:

Kate said...

She is obviously the cutest thing ever.

Meg said...

She looks like she would be such a good puppy to cuddle with!!!

Anonymous said...

My dog is cute - but you're Fuzzy Britches is the shizz

Christina said...

I love that conversation that you had with your friend. My good friend who is a new mom said that her daughter is the cutest sure you see other kids but you know your kid is the one cute one. She even saw one sonogram photos of another friend and said that even in the womb her baby was cuter.

Enjoy your weekend with CP and your darling dog.