Stolen from Nilsa….
1. Where did you go to college?
A smaller private university on the east coast (but still D1 for sports).
2. What did you study?
Sociology. Minor in Health and Human Development and another minor in Communications.
3. Was college really all that it was cracked up to be?
Definitely. I was a bit naïve when coming to college….but had the most amazing time. Friends, parties, sports, etc. I don’t think that my liver could handle college again, but it was a fantastic time in my life.
4. How far were you from home?
A two-hour flight or a 12 hour drive. I wanted to get out of the Midwest and I’m glad that I did.
5. Did you have the same roommates all four years?
No. My roommate first year was another member of the tennis team. We were complete opposites though- she was a smoker (disgusting!) and also had a problem with coke. So that situation didn’t work out so well. Second and third years I lived in my sorority and had two different roommates. My last year I moved off campus into a house with three girls from my freshman year hall (next door we had four other girls from our freshman hall).
6. Where did you order food from at 2AM?
Freshman year we would make nachos in our dorm rooms. There was also a Wawa off campus which had delicious subs after hours. Mainly I ate at my boyfriend’s fraternity. They would make all kinds of unhealthy things late night (grilled cheese, mozzarella sticks, fries, onion rings, etc.).
7. Did you date in college or were you tied down?
I dated one boy for 3.5 years. I met him second semester of our freshman year.
8. Funniest drunk college moment?
I’m supposed to remember this? There are way too many. Nights spent drinking in the freshman dorms playing “a**hole” with our special a**hole hat. Formals. Date parties. Bid night because my best friend and I were too busy playing sports to learn the pledge dance and thus just drank through the song. Track parties as us throwers would easily beat the runners at Beirut. Etc.
9. Did you make it to class on time?
Freshman year I wasn’t so great at going to class. But when I did go to class, I would be on time. If I knew that I wouldn’t be on time then I just wouldn’t go!
10. What was your favorite class in college?
One of my favorite classes was nicknamed (by the students) “Rocks for Jocks” but was a Geology 101 (or something like that) class. It was a fun class and the professor was great.
Do you have fond memories of college?
4 comments:
I love how your school embraced the nickname given to easy classes for jocks by officially naming a class Rocks for Jocks. That's hilarious.
I think everyone had a rocks for jocks class--I took one too, it was awesome.
This makes me miss my college days a bit. It was such a fun, free (well, not free in $$ but you know what I mean) time!
Sounds like you had a great college experience.
Mine was a bit different, I lived at home and went to community college for a couple years. I enjoyed my classes, but it wasn't a great time in my life so overall my college experience wasn't all that great :-/
But I'm going back to school this fall as a 30 year old! Should be interesting and exciting.
I like your school or university. But I have totally different experience for that. I enjoyed my classes when I go to attend them.
Post a Comment