Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.23.2010

Feeling more like home

This weekend CP’s mom came down from NH to help us clean out the MA rental house and unpack boxes in our CT house. Her presence was INVALUABLE. Not only do I feel more at home now, but more stuff has been put away and more boxes broken down.

CP and I rushed to paint the living room as our new furniture from Bassett was going to be delivered yesterday (btw, we would totally use them again). Before we bought the house, the living room was a pale yellow color. Not a bad color, but once we bought the new furniture, we knew that we had to repaint the walls.

We painted the walls a mocha color. After putting in recessed lighting, we also had to repaint the ceiling so we went with a very light gray.



The stripes are because we were painting over wood paneling and the roller couldn't get into the cracks. The large painted spot above the fireplace is where CP put a ridonkulously large flat screen tv.



Our new couch and rug. I LOVE our new rug!!!!



Our new chair (there are two).


After the furniture was delivered, we headed over to Crate & Barrel to find a coffee table and end tables. We had over $200 in gift certificates so we thought it would be silly to go anywhere else for the furniture. We ended up buying this coffee table (Basque java):

And two side tables in the same style:


(Pictures from Crate & Barrel website)


The coffee table and end tables won't be in for two weeks, but after a long weekend of working hard, CP and I relaxed on our new furniture, while Fuzzy Britches enjoyed laying on the new rug instead of a wood floor.

After this weekend I feel a bit more settled in our new house. What did you do this weekend?

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that rug! Where did you get that? Rug shopping is such a pain, it seems like everything looks the same or is ridiculously expensive.

Ginger said...

LOVE the rug. Adore. Want.

I'm glad you're getting settled--the process of getting stuff out of boxes (and boxes out of the house!) helps SO much!

Amy Jo said...

Isn't it so much fun to decorate your new home!!!

I love what you've done so far! Great taste

Anonymous said...

Looks great! That rug is beautiful.

Christina said...

It looks so warm and comfy. Where did you get that rug, It is amazing!

Natalie said...

agreed. love that rug!

funderson said...

concur...rug=awesome

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

It's so exciting to settle into your own space and put your own touches on it to make it yours. We've been in our place for two years and are still doing things to make the space ours - I love that feeling of each little change/improvement we make!