Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.20.2010

Random stories

Do you go on a crazy cleaning spree during your period too?

In college, my boyfriend’s roommate joked about inviting women over while they were visited by Aunt Flo so that they would clean their room. I laughed at the idea at the time…but now that I am off the pill? It is TOTALLY is true with me. CP enjoys these monthly cleaning sprees because I get a little crazy about deep cleaning our house.

Does this happen to anyone else?

---------------------------------------

Last week I get a text from my Mom:

“What is a woody? I think that I know what it is, but I’m just making sure. I would ask your father, but he made fun of me for asking him what flashbacks are a few weeks ago.”

My mom is what you would call naïve. And the nicest woman around. She is not up on slang, television shows, pop culture, or the like (but is on Facebook!).

I was at work at the time and was simultaneously laughing and wondering how I would respond to her. So I texted my sister and CP telling them the story instead. In the end, I gave her the answer….but instead of having to answer potentially awkward questions (“what is a Cleveland steamer?”), I instead bought her the Urban Dictionary as a stocking gift.


Here’s hoping no more odd questions to come while I am at work now that she will have a reference guide….

Do you get weird questions from your parents?


---------------------------------------



Poor Fuzzy Britches. CP was in our backyard throwing her new FAVORITE BALL around and he somehow got it stuck in one of the gutters on top of our sunroom (and he says that I don’t have any aim!).

So what did Fuzzy Britches do? She sat down in front of the gutters and looked up. Wishing that somehow her FAVORITE BALL would drop down and that she would be reunited.



Why are they TORTURING ME?


Please drop. Please drop. Please drop.


About an hour later CP cleaned the gutters and reunited her with her ball, but that dog has some patience!!

---------------------------------------
Did any of you watch the Eagles/Giants game yesterday? I was so bummed that the Eagles were playing like crap for the first three quarters. Down 21 points with less than 9 minutes left- I didn’t think that we would have much of a chance. The Eagles are such an explosive team, but we hadn’t exactly showed that side so far. However, with some lucky plays, we were suddenly tied at 31 with 14 seconds left the Giants punter inexplicably punts directly to our amazing wide receiver/sometime punt returner. And if you haven’t seen this yet, here is the amazing return.



LOVE this video. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

8 comments:

Jess said...

1. No, I do not go on a crazy cleaning spree when I have my period. I wish! I also haven't had the urge to scrub anything while pregnant, despite the so-called nesting instinct. Boooo.

2. My mom asks some weird questions occasionally, but yours definitely takes the cake! The questions from mine are more along the lines of, "How do I set my cell phone to vibrate?"

3. That photo of Fuzzy Britches just waiting and waiting for her ball to come back is SO CUTE OMG.

4. Yes, we watched the game, though we almost turned it off at halftime because it seemed like it was such a blowout. We were rooting for the Eagles and I was glad to see them win. But if I were that coach I would have DeSean Jackson running laps for the rest of his life as punishment for showing off instead of going directly into the end zone. I almost had a heart attack when he did that.

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Ha ha I almost had a heart attack too- but I think that he was making sure that the clock ran out of time before he headed into the end zone. :-)

funderson said...

1. Oh dear...sorry...
2. Never...my mom knows way more than I.
3. SO cute!
4. I HEARD about the Eagles game but only after a good 10 minutes of continued boo-hooing about the Broncos....ug

Ginger said...

1. My husband wishes! I almost never get the urge to clean, to his dismay.
2. That pretty much takes the cake.
3. Fuzzy Britches = totally adorable!

JUST ME said...

OMG, I clean *everything* during my period. I like, get down on my hands and knees and scrub my bathroom. It's insane. I go a little insane.

Stevie said...

That is an excellent idea for a Christmas present! I remember once a friend of mine and I were trying to explain to her mom what camel toe meant. That was bad enough. But a Cleveland Steamer? Oh my god, I can't even imagine having that conversation! Too funny.

Tia said...

1. I haven't had a natural (non-BC) period in, um, 11 years, so I have no idea.
2. That is hysterical. My mom usually has really weird computer questions that are along the lines of "there is some strange box, should I click it?" (over the phone).
3. FB is adorable!

Beth said...

I recently had to explain "camel toe" to my Mom.
Luckily, that's been the worst of it. LOL