Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.25.2011

I'm tired already!

I have what will likely be a VERY tiring weekend ahead of me.

Tonight? I will clean the house. The Newcomers Club that we joined this past fall is having a Guys Night Out tonight. CP has yet to go to any of the Guys events because he just isn’t interested. He met a couple of guys at an event this past month and has decided that they aren’t too bad. So I agreed to clean the house to get ready for his mom’s arrival tomorrow so that he could go to the event. I hope he has fun!

Tomorrow we have a 6 mile training run planned with my half marathon group. We will run basically right by my house- hopefully I’m not tempted to go home in the middle of the run! ;-) After the run I will quickly get home to shower and await my MIL’s arrival. Not sure what we are doing with them during the day, but CP will be making dinner and I will be making lemongrass ice cream for dessert.

Sunday I signed up for something that is going to be HARD. It is a “fitness tour” of my town. First up? An hour and a half workout at the local Cross Fit gym. And guys? I am scared. I have read enough blog entries to know that this is NOT going to be easy. I’m thinking that the extra long workout is because they will have to explain a lot. After that workout we will do a mile and a half run. Then yoga for an unspecified amount of time.

So yeah. My 6 mile run tomorrow would be exhausting on its own. The Cross Fit/run/yoga would be exhausting on its own. But of course I jam it into one weekend ALONG with a in-law visit. Here’s hoping I survive and lose 10 pounds in the process. Ha!

Bring on the tiring weekend!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I am tired just READING that. Whew!

Good luck this weekend, that Cross Fit sounds like a beast!

justme said...

i've done Cross fit, and I'm sure that the reason why it's that long is because they'll be teaching you technique. the classes I went to were at the most, i think 30 minutes. some classes were literally 15 minutes. but they were just as hard as a 2 hour cardio class. be prepared!!! or at least forewarned and updated us when you get done!!

Christina said...

How did all of your plans this weekend go or are you sleeping in :)? What was the fitness tour like?

Meg said...

Holy crapstick.
Intense.