Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

2.13.2012

Word vomit

My life these days is full of non-baby making thoughts and events, but every time I sit down to write, it’s what I feel like fleshing out. Bleh.

Saturday was spent cleaning and trying to tire the dogs out before CP’s dad & wife, uncle & aunt came to visit. I really like to hang out with them because unlike CP’s mom and her husband, we have stuff in common. They also don’t tell the same stories over and over and over. I hate to say that I like them better, but I kind of do. They actually want to go out and do things (like go to a museum like we did that afternoon). They also like to partake in good food- so we took them to our favorite Peruvian restaurant for dinner. They LOVED it. And I loved my passion fruit pisco sour drink. How had I not tried that yet?? We even introduced his family to Archer once we got home (the third season is currently showing on FX but we have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD). They loved it- which is the reaction of everyone that we get to watch the show. Why are you not watching it yet????

Yesterday after the family left we met two friends and their dogs at a local state park and watched as all of the dogs played and generally got along. Score! Our dogs decided to wade into the river- I can only imagine how cold it was! The high yesterday was 27 so as soon as they came out icicles formed on their fur. They couldn’t have cared less. Both are STILL tired today from all of the running around. Unfortunately now both of them need a bath so we are off to the do-it-yourself dog wash tonight.

Whitney Houston’s death is tragic, but she hasn’t been all too relevant recently so I’m not broken up about it. I guess that’s pretty normal for me though. If a celebrity dies I feel bad for their family, but I don’t personally know them, so I’m not sad myself.

Instead of watching the Grammys, CP and I spent last night curled up on the couch in front of a fire reading. It was very relaxing and I hope to do it more. No electronics (not counting my Nook of course) or tv needed. It was nice.

A friend posted this link on Facebook showing Twitter and FB statuses of girls saying that they would let Chris Brown beat them up. It is horrifying (and so, so sad). Why did the Grammys let him perform again? I'm all for second chances, but when Hollywood applauds people like Chris Brown, Woody Allen (marrying the adopted daughter of your wife), and Roman Polanski (raping young girls), etc. what kind of message are you sending?

Enough word vomit from me. How was your weekend?

7 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Hubby and I only watched about 15 minutes of the Grammy's (we were too busy baking cookies together). And it just so happened that the 15 min we caught was that of Chris Brown's performance. I was so disgusted that they allowed him to perform that we turned the channel immediately.

@JessEsco said...

What the hell is wrong with women?! That's horrific!

The fireplace reading date sounds fantastic!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Lots of people in the public eye make poor personal choices - actors, politicians, musicians, news anchors and so on. But, Hollywood and the news stations are in the business of making money. It's up to the American public to punish or forgive those who do wrong. If "America" wasn't interested in Chris Brown, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be playing the Grammy's. If "America" cared about who Woody Allen marries, they wouldn't go see his movies. I'm pretty sure "Hollywood" is so full of screw-ups, they're in no position to punish anyone for poor personal decisions. =)

Emilie said...

I totally agree re: Chris Brown and other celebrities that are terrible role models. It's so sad that they do not face tougher consequences just because they are famous.

Christina said...

Archer is mouth hitting floor funny.

Hollywood seems to forget past incidents and issues. domestic violence, murder, drugs as long as they bring in the money all is forgiven. It is such a shame though!

Anonymous said...

Love archer...it makes my week!- justmeandthebirds

terra said...

The Chris Brown stuff is just awful. All those tweets just made me sad. How we live in a world where domestic violence is funny is not something I'll ever understand.