*So far, so good with the SCH. I was VERY careful on Thursday and Friday and was frankly pretty bored at home while CP and his family went galavanting around the city of Chicago. I did join them at the Chicago Botanic Gardens on Saturday, but it was only because CP wheeled me around in a wheelchair all day. I felt like the biggest idiot, but it did allow me to get out of the house and see some great flowers! If you were there, I was the annoyed woman who was begging their husband to stop pretending to let me roll down hills or knock me into things. Ahhhh CP.
*On Monday I graduated from my RE's office. It was only the third time actually meeting my doctor as she didn't do anything in my IVF process. Oh well- I always said that as long as she got me pregnant I didn't care!!
*I donated my leftover Gonal-f and Menopur to my clinic before CP's family came into town. I am also hoping it gives me some good karma as the meds go towards patients that are part of the self-pay program.
*Tomorrow I have my first appointment with my new OB. Looking forward to an ultrasound that hopefully shows the SCH getting better. It's weird that I will now have a "regular-person" doctor.
*As of this morning I have not gained one pound in this pregnancy- which is pretty amazing seeing as if I haven't been able to work out at all this week and all I seem to want to eat is carbs (mmmm bagels for breakfast). Then again, I have been eating fruit like it is my job.
*I don't have a ton of symptoms right now other than being tired, LARGE BOOBS (I'm so scared of what they may become) and frequent peeing- especially at night. If I could skip over the nausea/puking part of the first trimester that would be fabulous! I probably also have some of the heartburn/acid reflux that a lot of pregnant women get, but that was fairly normal for me before I got pregnant so not much has changed.
*I have been annoyed at how many people I have had to tell about my pregnancy so early on before I have been able to tell good friends about it. My hair dresser and dentist both wanted to chat about how I was feeling and general pregnancy stuff but I didn't need or want the entire salon and dentist office to know that I was pregnant. I told both of them that it was really early in hopes of shutting them up, but it didn't help much. They probably thought that the pregnancy was an accident or something by the sour puss look on my face- little did they know how long we have been working for this! I'm not really worried about jinxing the pregnancy, but I still have another month or so before I can relax a bit more.
Anyway, I am desperately behind my Reader so I'm sorry if my comments are a few days late!!
13 comments:
9 weeks! holy heck! how does time move like that??!
glad to hear you're feeling relatively well. and thanks for being a standup kind of lady and for donating your extra meds. the circle of infertile women greatly appreciates it!
I had been waiting on an update from you! Congrats on 9 weeks!! Woo hoo!
9 weeks. holy cow. That's awesome. I think you are probably safe from nausea at this point. I got mine around 6-7 weeks.
Glad to hear you're doing well and feeling somewhat good!
The image of CP rolling you down hills in a wheelchair is cracking me up :-)
Thank you for the update! Still so, so excited for you.
Glad to hear all is well! I hope the OB appointment goes good! Tiime flies, 9 weeks already!?
So happy to hear that everything is going well! You should be really proud of yourself to stick to the doctors orders to take it easy.
Hope your appt with your ob goes well! FX for a great u/s!
I would agree with Jen that nausea would probably have hit by now. Good for you! Lucky you! I also haven't gained any weight, so weird to be able to eat and not worry about it.
Really cute how your husband was rolling you around in the wheelchair. keep taking care of yourself!
Happy 9 weeks - it's going so quickly!!
Wow, 9 weeks!! Glad to hear you're feeling relatively good and staying relaxed. Looking forward to the next u/s report!
9 weeks - woohoo!!!!! Am looking forward to reading great news after your next u/s :)
Every week in every pregnancy is worth celebrating. As mama to a preemie, I keep reminding my friends who complain in their third trimester that their discomfort means more incubation time for their baby, a very good thing (and something my baby never got). Anyway, huge congrats for making it this far AND for taking care of yourself. Like never before, pregnancy offers women a time to listen and respond to their bodies!
I'm glad to hear you are feeling well, and really glad to hear that you are still taking all the necessary precautions. It must have been hard to be in the wheelchair, I know if it were me I would be dying to get up and walk around!
Good for you for donating your meds, I definitely think it will bring you good karma :)
I am. Desperately behind my reading too, not a few days but over a week! Ahhh! That would SOOoooo be my husband pushing me around too, tryin to be funny with me begging him to stop. Boys.
Post a Comment