Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.19.2013

"Resolved" RESOLVE meeting

Tonight I have my second "resolved" RESOLVE meeting.  I am lucky enough in my town to have two different RESOLVE groups.  One is for people in the process of going through treatment and I went to that one through the March meeting.  The second group is for those that are currently pregnant and/or have had a kid after infertility.

At the March Group #1 meeting, another woman and I seemed to be on the exact same cycle.  I'm pretty sure our retrievals and our transfers were the same days!  It was the first IVF for both of us and amazingly it worked for both of us.  Crazy!  Of course I was (and still am) jealous when I heard that she retrieved 26 eggs and has something like 14 frozen right now, but I keep telling myself that my hormones are simply not going to allow for those kind of numbers.

May was the first Group #2 meeting that I could make, so I showed up, barely 12 weeks pregnant, not knowing what to expect.  Unfortunately the woman that was in Group #1 with me was not able to make it, so here I was, surrounded by women with kids (not with them of course).  I was the only pregnant person there.  Even though I was the only one without a kid, I was still nervous that I would be judged based on the fact that it only took one IVF try to get pregnant.  Turns out the woman next to me also only took one try which made me feel better.

Everyone was really nice and supportive of my pregnancy, even the woman that recently had a failed frozen transfer to try to have a second child.  I heard CRAZY follicle counts from two different women due to the IVF drugs.  One woman had 40 FOLLICLES; another woman had 90.  90!  Of course their cycles were cancelled but holy crap!  I can only imagine how uncomfortable she was even early on in the cycle.

Unfortunately the woman that cycled with me won't be able to make it tonight, but the woman that ran Group #1 (who has a child) will be there tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing her.  Of course, I do know that she is hoping to have a second child, so hopefully my pregnant presence doesn't upset her.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

90 FOLLICLES?!? That's insane!! Holy, dial down the drugs Batman... also, you shouldn't feel bad or worried going to these meetings; every woman there will have a different situation, different history, etc., and you're all in this together. You deserve the utmost support and encouragement, regardless of where the other person is at in their lives.

Esperanza said...

That is so cool that you have not only one but two resolve groups in your area! I live in one of the biggest cities in the US and we have NO resolve groups. I was just contacting them to see if I could start a secondary IF group when I got pregnant. It's so awesome that you not only have that resource but take advantage of it. Good for you. I hope tonight is helpful.

Anonymous said...

You may have gotten pregnant with your first IVF, but you certainly put in your "time" - if one could ever rank such a thing. I'm glad you have so many groups. That's amazing!

Anonymous said...

You may have gotten pregnant with your first IVF, but you certainly put in your "time" - if one could ever rank such a thing. I'm glad you have so many groups. That's amazing!

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to go to one of these meetings for months and months, and I'm being a huge chicken about it. I need to just bite the bullet and get in the door.

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

How can they even sit there and count 90 follicles? That is insane. I'm glad you have a support group that you enjoy.

Amber said...

90 follicles? How is that even possible?!!?!? Wow. Anyways, I'm so glad you have the opportunity to go to these RESOLVE meetings. Please don't feel guilty for it only taking one IVF. You still had to go through the process. It may not have taken as long or as many tries as others, but you still went through it and need the support just like everyone else. I think it's wonderful that you have a secondary IF group!