Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.08.2013

A club I didn't want to join

Mark the day ladies. At 23 weeks, 1 day I became part of a specialized pregnancy club that I was hoping to avoid. Yes, I have my first hemorrhoid.  Even the look of the word gives me shivers running down my spine.

I was really hoping I could skip this.  Sunny's description of her 'roids at 38 weeks has me very nervous for what is to come. 

So should I name him (because you just know it's male)?  I don't want to make him feel comfortable and have him stick around. I certainly don't want him to invite any friends to this party.

I was wholly unprepared for this. It's like getting caught without enough super tampons when your period starts in the middle of a work meeting and you can't leave to run to the store. (Ahem.  Something that happened during my first week of work in CT when I used to go through five super tampons an hour thanks to my large fibroid and/or endo!).  Except for the first two weeks of pregnancy, I have been regular for the first time in my life so I was just not expecting this.

So ladies if I am not having any pain, itching, etc then do I just leave him alone and hope he goes away?  Should I contact my doctor?  

On a related note, why do i keep getting these pregnancy symptoms early? Everything I see on both swelling and hemorrhoids says that they are common in the third trimester. But I still have a few weeks until the third trimester. Ugh. I'm sure it's the universe getting back at me for saying that things are going well so far. 

NSC:0, Universe:1.


------------------------------------------------------------

Today I am feeling especially exposed on the blog.  I told a good friend about this space which is a BIG, HUGE deal because as you know, CP doesn't even know about the blog.  It makes me feel naked, but I know that my friend is in need of some support and I keep telling her about this fantastic blogging community.  When her blog is up and ready I'll let you guys know so that you can head over and try to cheer her up.  

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't name him! you don't want him thinking you want him sticking around. yikes. i have no advice for you on this one, sister. but kudos to you on opening up about your blog. i have a friend going through IF and have considered doing the same, but i don't know her THAT well yet, and i'm afraid to let her in via my raw blog. which is horrible. i hope i gain the courage at some point soon.

Esperanza said...

No need to call your doctor. They won't do anything about it. H's suck. Truly. The sad part is it will never go away, not after pregnancy, not ever. It may die down but it will always be there, waiting and ready to flair again. Mine have been really bad this pregnancy but I was told they would be. I hope it continues to not give you any trouble. They really do suck.

Anonymous said...

Eeek, that's a part I'd want to avoid too. No advice here. I hope he keeps not bothering you.

Stevie said...

You crack me up! I'm sorry you're dealing with the Big H, even if it's not super bothersome.

I've heard Preparation H works really well if it does start burning or itching, and you can always buy one of those donut pillows to help with discomfort. Hope it doesn't get worse!

JustHeather said...

I have had one hemorrhoid for a while, thankfully not too big and not bothersome. Towards the end of pregnancy it got a bit bigger, but never that bad. I did get a few more during actual labor, but thankfully those have gone away (or they are at least small enough that I don't notice them anymore).
Hope yours doesn't bother you much, other than the fact of knowing it is there.

Gypsy Mama said...

Unfortunately, I've been part of this club since I was 21 or so. I always just leave them alone and they don't bother me much.

Lindsay said...

Ugh. Sorry dude.

I feel like all I do is google gross pregnancy symptoms on my phone. Pregnancy has a lot of grossness. I also spend a lot of time thinking about how horrible it must have been to be pregnant back in the day, or pregnant and have no one to share the grossness with. Although...sometimes I wonder if I should share less with my poor husband.

Amber said...

I almost had a heart attack when I read your total and started reading the first few lines!!!! I was so afraid you were joining the miscarriage club! I'm sorry, but that's where my mind went. Maybe because that's my own fear for my own pregnancy. I don't know. Ugh.

As for your wonderful friend, Mr. Hemorrhoid, unfortunately that's a club I joined several years ago, and that was w/o pregnancy. Yikes. Does that mean I am going to be prone to more? Oh man, I hope not. Gross.

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

That sounds really shitty (hehe). Sorry you're suffering from this, but glad to have had the laugh about you knowing that he's male!

JenS said...

Some of the stuff we have to deal with is just so...gross. All for a good cause, right? I have a few (at least I assume that's what they are) and have since early in the 2nd trimester. The weird thing is, they don't hurt. Occasional itching. I have been hesitant to even say I have hemorrhoids because I thought they were supposed to hurt but I don't know what else it could be. I am just hoping they don't get any worse.

Anonymous said...

Oh god, that symptom has been plaguing me recently too... there were, like, five of them at one point, I swear! And it's especially weird because I'm not especially constipated or anything, either. I believe there isn't really much you can do -- I have found, if it's any consolation, that they tend to come and go, get better and get worse, and you just have to hope they eventually disappear.