A lot of women tend to have very vivid dreams when they are pregnant. I have heard quite often they are scary, like having a dream that you lost your baby in a store or something similar.
But for me, I went a full 29 weeks before having a pregnancy dream. Or at least one that I could remember (and I remember a lot of my dreams). So far the most prevalent theme in my dreams is CP either going off to be with another woman, or oogling another woman right in front of me. And of course when I wake up I am furious at him. My pregnancy book says that these dreams are basically my subconscious telling me that I am not feeling good about myself and my body.
Which honestly? Is sort of surprising and then sort of not surprising. I mean, in NO WAY do I feel sexy while pregnant. Especially recently because I had to ask CP to go to the store to get hemorrhoid wipes with witch hazel. There is NOTHING sexy about that request. Even though I have only gained 14 pounds so far, I do feel big. Most if not all of the weight is in my baby belly, but I still hate my upper arms and the cottage cheese on the back of my thighs and my butt. The only thing that I don't miss is having to suck in my stomach- no way to do that these days!!
Hopefully because I haven't gone crazy with eating crappy food and because I haven't gained a ton of weight it will be a bit easier to get the baby weight, IVF drug weight, and the weight that I put on because I wasn't working out/being good to myself last winter off my body, but then again I am going to be so tired from not sleeping that I know that it is going to be difficult.
I have known from the beginning of my pregnancy that CP wouldn't find my baby belly sexy (we had a discussion about it early on). I'm okay with that. He said that a baby belly wouldn't turn him on, but it doesn't disgust him or anything. I'm not sure if anything has changed now that *I* have a pregnant belly, but I also know that we haven't had any *ahem* issues in the bedroom since I got pregnant.
I have known from the beginning of my pregnancy that CP wouldn't find my baby belly sexy (we had a discussion about it early on). I'm okay with that. He said that a baby belly wouldn't turn him on, but it doesn't disgust him or anything. I'm not sure if anything has changed now that *I* have a pregnant belly, but I also know that we haven't had any *ahem* issues in the bedroom since I got pregnant.
I haven't had one of these dreams recently, so maybe they had a lot do with the fact that people weren't recognizing that I was pregnant and I was worried that people just thought that I was fat??
--------------------------------------------------------------
I'm happy to report that last week I did in fact have my first dream about the baby. In my dream it was a he and he was still in my belly. However, I had some sort of amazing body because while still pregnant, I could flip up my skin and check in on the baby. He was a beautiful baby with dark hair and blue eyes, about the size of my hand. I took him out of my belly and marveled in how adorable he was. Then suddenly there was a play gym for the baby next to me and he started crawling towards it and playing on it- I was shocked that even in utero my baby could crawl! LOL. Eventually I put him back in my belly because I was sitting in some sort of loft and I didn't want him to fall off.
So ummm I'm not sure what this dream means, but at least it was a happy dream!
4 comments:
LOL! Hilarious dream! I am one of those people that almost always has vivdly weird dreams and I remember a lot of them. If not the whole dream, at least some of it. (Part of the trick is to lay still when you wake up and think about the dream before you start moving around. It is the movement aof your body that causes you to forget most times.) Which is horrible when it is a nightmare. During pregnancy was no different. I had lots of vivid dreams.
These days though, I barely get 4 hours of sleep in a row each night that I can't remember the last time (before the boy was born...duh) I had a dream and much less remembered it. Some day I will remember them again, I am sure.
I wish I remembered all of my dreams! I remember maybe one every week or two. I think dream analysis is so interesting!
I am right there with you on the body image stuff. Wish I didn't have the cottage cheese thighs and butt. Impossible to suck in the belly now, even if I wanted too the nice thing about the pregnant belly is that it is hard and definitely not fat/soft! I've had a few dreams, but my Hubby is usually the one that dreams about me cheating on him and waking up mad at me. In fact, just this morning he told me he dreamed I was leaving him and asking for a divorce! Silly man. I would never do that. At least he wasn't mad at me this time! Lol
I had to giggle a little about your dream! Funny how the mind works...
I, too, am someone who can always vividly remember my dreams. It drives my husband nuts :)
Post a Comment