Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.04.2015

2 Years Old!

I can't believe it- Izzy is now two years old!





Height: 3' 1.5" (99.83%)- WOW was I shocked today at the doctor's office. Izzy is a giant! No wonder she towers over the other kids in daycare!

Weight: 31 lbs (90.88%)

New Tricks: Last month she started to recognize the difference between big things and small things.
She doesn't do it consistently, but Izzy can count from 1 to 10 by herself. She can also sing the "ABC song" but hilariously rushes through the "L,M,N,O,P" part.

Sometimes Izzy need to blow off some energy before bed so we tell her to do the maniac. Essentially it is CP and I singing the chorus of "She's a Maniac" from Flashdance while Izzy and I pump our arms and legs furiously. Izzy gets really into it.


Cheese!


Language: Izzy loves pointing at something and saying "That's a (whatever it is- pumpkin, car, dog, etc.)". She is starting to use "mine" instead of "Izzy's car, toy, book, etc." which makes me sad. "Izzy's toy" was so much cuter than "mine." She loves to repeat throw-off phrases that I use like "Let's go kiddo!"





Personality: Starting to have issues with sharing. Still mute around strangers.

Teeth: Two year molars popping through on the bottom. We noticed drooling earlier this month and Izzy having some sleep issues- hopefully the two top ones will come in soon and we will be down with this nonsense!





Favorite Toy: It continues to be her kitchen. Whenever she gets a chance she is "boiling" water or bringing us food on plates.



Giving Buster "dinner"


Favorite Book: This month it varied a lot but she has enjoyed the few hand-me-down Dora the Explorer books that we got from a neighbor. Plus now she likes to say "Hola" and "Vamanos" so I call it a win because she is speaking Spanish? :-)


It has been pretty amazing to watch Izzy go over to her book bins, pick out the book she wants, and say "Mommy read (whatever the book is called)." I know that she is not reading the title and simply has them memorized but I still think it's impressive!



Essential reading hat



Playing around while on a fall walk


Sleeping Habits: This month it was a bit harder to put Izzy to bed. Instead of just sort of crying for a minute after we left the room, this month she started to hysterically cry when we left. Sometimes it was because she needed a tissue (stop crying then!), sometimes she just wanted to rock for a few minutes ("sing sunshine Mommy"). Luckily this didn't last long but Izzy is becoming well-versed in stall tactics ("need tissue Mommy", "use potty Mommy", "need medicine", etc). She loves taking books into her crib with her which she of course can't read because it's too dark in her room. This month she also slept in on the weekend until 7:30 a bunch of times so that was great!



Excited to go play in the snow


Eating: Izzy loved Halloween candy. She got to eat a bite-size Milky Way bar, a bite of a Reeces Pieces, and a lollipop. Then she promptly forgot about her candy.



Izzy's first bite of a chocolate bar


Diapers: Size 5 Seventh Generation during the day, Pampers Baby Dry size 6 at night.

Clothes: almost all 3T clothes. Size 8 toddler shoe. 





Illness: I thought she might have croup early in the month, but it turned out to just be a regular cold. The winter colds are starting!

Other highlights: Izzy's second Halloween.



Mooooo


Certainly not a highlight but this month we had to leave a restaurant due to a tantrum by Izzy. I tried to take her outside to calm her down but it didn't really work so we decided to head home instead. It was a doozy!

Izzy was super excited about our first snow storm of the season. She couldn't wait to get outside to play in the snow.




5 comments:

jAllen said...

She is so precious! Happy second Birthday Izzy!

Jess said...

Happy happy birthday, adorable Izzy! I love the essential reading hat. So many beautiful updates (minus the tantrum, but those days will pass eventually, right?)!

Alice said...

She is SO stinking cute! Happy birthday, Izzy!

Jess said...

Aw, happy birthday to Izzy! (Also, OMFG THE STALLING.)

Amber said...

Wow! She is so tall! A few weeks ago, Ayden weighed 30 lbs, so they are right there together. I'm looking forward to their 2 year check up, so I can find out how tall they are! Izzy is such a smarty pants counting to 10 and singing her ABC's! Absolutely love reading these updates. Happy belated birthday Izzy!