Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.09.2015

So close

I can see the finish line- 9:45am on Friday is the ultrasound. After I wrote this post, I decided to take Cristy's advice (today you are pregnant) and remember my motto throughout all of this. 

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.”

I am doing all that I can do- staying away from unpasteurized cheese, not eating sushi, not drinking, etc. I am trying to remember the first trimester tips my RE gave me from when I was carrying Izzy...although I am not following the one about not carrying heavy things. CP was away on a work trip for part of last week and leaves again tonight for a trip so when I am home alone with Izzy I do have to carry her at times. I try to make Izzy do more by herself, but for instance she can't climb up and into her crib so I do have to pick her up. So far no bleeding so I hope that I am not doing any harm (a quick google search showed that most mothers still pick up their toddlers when they are pregnant). 

I have had a few nose bleeds which I had in my pregnancy with Izzy, just a little later on. Two mornings I have had a bit of nausea when I waited too long between waking and eating something. The constipation hasn't gone away but eating prunes has helped a little bit. I still have a bit of a crampy feeling and have been feeling a bit dizzy when I stand up from a crouching or kneeling position. I also feel like Buster has been following me around and being a bit more needy recently? Maybe he can sense what is going on.

Otherwise, that's it. Today, if I ovulated on Day 16 which would be my norm, I am 6 weeks, 3 days along. Just trying to stay positive as at this point, there is nothing that I can do and I will be finding out more information soon enough.

11 comments:

KelBel said...

Sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs your way!!

Feisty Harriet said...

Oh goodness, sending so many good (but harmless and gentle) vibes your way!


xox

Lya said...

Just 2 more sleeps!!!! You are almost there.
And if all goes well tomorrow (me) and Friday (you) we could be close due date buddies once again ;-) I have everything crossed for both of us!!!!

Breathe Gently said...

Congrats. :)

Cristy said...

Glad you're embracing this. And I think Buster knows what's going on. My MIL said the dog always knew she was pregnant before she did. And have heard similar stories from others.

2 more sleeps. Fingers are crossed!

Amber said...

I was just thinking about you today and about how excited I am for you for your appointment on Friday. I absolutely love your motto. Such great words to live by. I'm going to have to remember them.

I think you are perfectly fine with lifting Izzy. The rule of thumb is generally that you can continue doing activities that you've already been doing. All the symptoms you've been experiencing is a great sign! Crossing my fingers for you!

Alice said...

One! More! Day! Fingers, toes, and boobs crossed for a beautiful u/s :)

Jess said...

All this sounds promising! Everything crossed for a good ultrasound tomorrow!

Turia said...

Here from Mel's round up. I really hope the ultrasound goes well today. I am also in my third pregnancy, trying for a second child (lost pregnancy #2), and it's also a surprise natural pregnancy after an IVF/ICSI baby. It is really really hard to get your head around it, but I am 13 weeks tomorrow and everything so far has looked perfect. I hope the same will prove true for you!
T.

Jess said...

I love that quote and try so hard to put it into practice, but it's so hard. I'm glad you're doing a good job of it! I hope that ultrasound goes great. I love that Buster knows you need a little extra love right now! :)

Geochick said...

Here from the roundup. Keeping everything crossed for a good ultrasound appointment!