Yesterday I had a regular appointment with my OB and the most pressing matter was the recommendation that I received from the MFM during my second Level II ultrasound to deliver at 37 weeks. My OB said that while there is a greater risk that I would deliver early because this is my second delivery, she was surprised to see the recommendation. Usually that recommendation is for women that have paper thin uterine lining because of previous surgeries- I don't have that issue.
So after talking it over, we decided on delivering exactly at 38 weeks. The risk of the baby having breathing problems goes from 5% (at 37 weeks) to less than 2%. So, baby boy will be delivered on Friday, July 15th! You hear me baby boy? No coming out any earlier!
Otherwise, the appointment was rather boring as this pregnancy is rather boring (which is a GOOD THING). Heartbeat sounded good, belly growth is right on track. I also did my gestational diabetes test which I am crossing my fingers that I passed because I ate breakfast and lunch beforehand (I didn't have any notice). I'll find out soon enough. If I passed, then no more blood donations the rest of this pregnancy!
Today I'm 25 weeks so I am one week past viability. YAY!
5 comments:
Yay! 7/15 is my LO's birthday so I personally think it's rather fantastic... :-) -Polly
Yaaaaay!!!!! So exciting!
xox
I'm glad you and your OB were able to settle on a plan that you're both comfortable with! Stay in there until 7/15, baby boy!
YAY! Man, 7/15 seems so SOON now that it's a concrete date!! Stay in there, baby boy!
Good luck on the glucose test.. I'm terrified for mine because all I want are carbs & sugar; it will be very sad if I have to cut them out :)
July 15th sounds like an AMAZING birthday! It must be so neat to have a (mostly) definitive endgame for your pregnancy to look forward to. I hope you passed the glucose test--how amazing to have no more blood donations!
Post a Comment