Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.16.2017

Buster turns 6

Buster

On Sunday, Buster turned 6 years old. Life these days is a lot different for Buster than when he joined our family back in 2011. I mean, he certainly looks a lot different...


Buster's first day home with us

Back then we were living in CT and his best pal was Koda. He followed her everywhere.




Buster helped to fill a hole in our family at a time where we were not able to get pregnant.

Only a little over a year later, we had moved to IL.




Koda unfortunately passed away only a year and a half later and Buster took it hard. Between Koda's passing and Izzy's arrival life turned upside down for him. Wes' arrival has been even harder because I have even less time for him.


Wes going in for the grab. We are still working on "gentle" and probably will be for a while


Thankfully he has taken to Wes about as well as he took to Izzy. He knows when to move away, but does like to give kisses to the kids when he can.

These days he is hobbling a bit more on his partially torn hind leg ACLs and I'm worried about how the three month move to the rental place is going to affect him. But he still loves attention, eating snow, walks, going up to Michigan, and people that he knows and trusts. He is still my buddy and an important part of our family. 


Happy birthday Buster!

4 comments:

Emilie said...

Gah I remember when you got him! Hard to believe it was that long ago. Happy birthday handsome boy!

jAllen said...

Such a precious pup! He's been though a lot with you! Happy Birthday Buster!

Feisty Harriet said...

Happy Birthday, Buster, Sir!

xox

Amber said...

I'm not an animal person, but I definitely can appreciate the relationship that others have with their beloved pets and I do enjoy reading about Buster. Happy birthday to him!