Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.06.2017

Microblog Mondays: Sometimes, all you can do is laugh



This morning, as I was trying to get the kids into the car and to daycare so that I could make my train on time, all I could do was laugh. Wes was crying in his car seat, possibly because I wasn't paying attention to him and instead trying to wrangle Izzy. Izzy was crying because she is three and I couldn't find her Frozen hat (it was in her cubby at daycare). I was tired because I tried to go to bed earlier than usual but I still didn't get into bed until 10. So with the tandem crying, I just started to laugh, thinking "it's only day three." It wasn't the best of reactions because the laughing made Izzy cry even harder. :-/

This is after a loooooong weekend where CP left for China Saturday morning, the kids didn't nap well, and there was only one of me and two of them. I shuffled the kids to Izzy's soccer class (where half the time she pouted on the sidelines) and to Izzy's swim class. I viewed two houses that we are looking to rent on April 1st while our house gets renovated. Turns out it is really hard to find a house to rent that is not too expensive, allows dogs, and will allow for a short term (3 month) lease. It looks like the Sunday house is going to work out which is good because the Saturday house was only looking for someone to rent for two months (so that they could get a year long tenant during "prime renting season" on June 1st)...which means we would have had to move to corporate housing for a month (expensive/not great for Buster).

What else is going on? My problem employee has been out sick for two weeks so I'm doing a lot of her job. After the kids go to bed every night I have to continue to pack up various rooms in the house. We are doing our best to finalize the contract with our general contractor. You get the gist- things are busy so CP up and leaving for two weeks is NOT ideal.

Now would be a great time to use one of the four spa gift certificates I got for my birthday back in December...but I don't have time to go! *sigh*

12 more days. I may have to laugh a lot....and I may need a lot of caffeine...but I can do it.


Want to read more Microblog Mondays? Go here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good luck! Take it one day at a time and rip up as many of the usual to-do lists as you can!

Q. is going to be away for five or six days in late April/ early May and I've already called in my Mum to come and help for some of it because the idea of doing that many days by myself is terrifying. I know I could do it if I had to, but I'd rather have the help!

Gemini.Apache said...

That sounds incredibly crazy. It would be unthinkable for us to move out for a few months- I can't imagine! We are holed up in our finished basement while our contractor and his crew work during the day but I let the kids run around upstairs in the evenings. It's slightly dangerous but we would crack up being down there all the time.
Take it one day (or moment) at a time! What are you guys doing to your house???

Charlotte said...

Having just moved a little under 2 years ago, I can NOT imagine having to do that TWICE within 3 months. Oh my. You are a freaking rockstar to be able to handle all of that alone. Can't even imagine!
Would love to hear what kind of reno you are doing to the house. Must be major if you have to move out for 3 months!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a perfect storm! It's hard managing so much stuff all at once (not to mention wrangling two kids on your own for a bit). Good luck with the next twelve days and the remodel.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Sending many deep breaths to get through the end of his trip and all of the packing.

Amber said...

Ugh. You have a LOT on your plate! I can't imagine moving for just three months. We've moved a LOT in the last few years, so I have a good idea how hard it is to find a house to rent for just a few months. We struggled to find a place that would go a few months more than a YEAR! They all required you to renew another year long lease. That doesn't work when you plan to buy a house in 14 months. lol. Wishing you the best of luck to get through the next few weeks and months.

jAllen said...

I can't wait to see the renovation in progress! but OMG moving sucks especially if it's only part time. Oh and I don't know how you manage two kids on your own!

Feisty Harriet said...

Hoooo boy! This...this is a LOT!. Dang, lady!

xox