Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.24.2008

Feeling old

I feel very old today. No, it's not my birthday but I will be turning 30 in less than three weeks. No I am feeling old because my body is telling me that I am getting older.

Was I super sore after the workout with the trainer on Thursday? Yep. You know when you are so sore in your hamstrings, butt, calves, etc. that sitting down on a toilet hurts? Yep that was me on Friday and Saturday.

Am I super sore today after my workout yesterday with CP? Yep. We both ran about two miles on the treadmill and while he went off to shower, I continued punishing my body with lunges, squats, and other various types of torture when your body is already sore. Yes, this is great, blah blah blah. But when I groan every time I get on and off the couch like an old man? Not so sexy.

Am I going to see someone about my hearing later today? Yep. For a while now I have noticed that when in crowds or when there is background noise I have a problem hearing people. It seems like more people mumble than they used to. This is not good. So, since I have health insurance I have decided to get this potential problem checked out. Hopefully it's all in my mind....

Did I go see an eye doctor and my prescription was upped? Yep. Last week I went to my first eye doctor appointment in four years. I was running out of my contacts and noticed that I was squinting a lot, along with getting glare coming off the road when driving at night. While I am happy that my prescription only went up one power in four years, I became even "blinder." I would love to think about LASIK but not until after the wedding. I have to legally bind CP to me before I can become handicapped (JUST KIDDING).

I guess I can't complain though. Other than my weight and my stomach problems, I am a fairly healthy person. Things could always be worse.....

3 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

As you know from Facebook, I feel old, too! Growing older cannot be helped ... fighting it every step of the way can! =)

Unknown said...

I totally feel you on the "can't hear people in crowds" thing. I've had hearing loss since I was a small child (LOTS of ear problems in my family) so I had to learn at an early age how to focus really hard on something to be able to hear it. Side effect: it's REALLY hard to get my attention when I'm focused on something (e.g. watching TV). Hopefully you don't get to that point, but I think you'll be just fine!

Brunhilda said...

I get tons of glare at night when I'm driving; does that mean my prescription is wrong??

Also, the fact that you're working out until you're sore suggests you're doing totally fine, age-and-health wise.