Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.05.2008

Hopeful

Today, I am hopeful that:

*our standing in the world will be restored

*our economy will get back on track

*elected officials will pay attention to the needs of young voters as we are a huge voting block (side note: am I still considered a "young" voter at 29?)

*everyone will finally have access to health care

*gay marriage will be legalized

*the government will stay out of a woman's right to choose

*we will finally leave Iraq, a war that should have never started

*we will have an eloquent president, one that doesn't make rash decisions

*Sarah Palin will go far, far away

I am hopeful for many things today. Our country has a long way to go. Hopefully last night was the just the beginning.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Amen! I think last night was a huge step in the right direction:-)