Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.25.2008

Procrastination

This morning I have to give a presentation at work to the entire staff. I always get butterflies when talking in front of people, but I actually pull off whatever I am doing and don't look TOO nervous doing it.

So one would think that having just finished three years of law school and then taking the bar that I would prepare for this presentation in advance. Well, technically I should have been preparing for this presentation at work, but I haven't had enough time because I have been trying to finish up things for the old division so that I could start with the new division yesterday. So I took the information home this past weekend and told myself that I would work on the presentation.

Friday night? I completely forgot about it. Saturday? I watched a pie making class at William Sonoma and went shopping for Thanksgiving with CP. Sunday? Totally forgot about it because I was busy bringing wood into the garage, doing four loads of laundry, baking banana bread, cleaning the house, etc. Forgot about it until at 8:30pm when I was exhausted from all of the household tasks and the gym workout. I TRIED to make myself read the reports but I just couldn't.

So, I then crammed during lunch yesterday and after work last night. This wasn't a required project and my boss even said that I could put it off until next month's staff meeting but I wanted to make a good impression and show her why I deserve the raise in a few months. Hopefully I will do a good enough job in about an hour!!

2 comments:

SaneAndSingle said...

Good luck!!

EP said...

I'm sure you did just fine. Are you happy it's over now?