Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.12.2008

Yes PLEASE kick my ass!

On Monday night I had a date with a trainer at the new gym. It was an assessment on where I am physically before we can start training. CP warned me before going that it was going to be difficult and that I was going to be really sore. Actually his words were "good thing you didn't work out today because she is going to kick your ass tomorrow. Good luck!" Funny boy.

As soon as I met the trainer, I thought that I would like her. She could quickly tell that I used to be an athlete, unlike the woman that I took the class from last week. She was able to work around my injuries and gave me a good workout while also assessing what I needed to work on. She also does more functional exercises, as opposed to just having someone go on the treadmill and then do some weights. I have worked with trainers that have done that before and it doesn't work.

As with any trainer, there is money involved. But for CP and I to work with the trainer together, it is only $20/ person for an hour session. That is pretty inexpensive if you ask me. And CP and I are willing to make the commitment to get our bodies back in shape.

In the beginning we are going to go twice a week. She will also provide us with recipes and eating tips. After a while we will start going once a week. Cross your fingers for me!

5 comments:

Libby said...

that's awesome! hope it goes well!

Anonymous said...

I've never had a personal trainer. Always wanted one. I envy the contestants on the Biggest Loser. I have all of Bob and Jillian's workout DVD's. And let me tell you, even having an imaginary personal trainer kicks your ass :) I can't seem to walk correctly. I started a new Jillian Michaels routine on Monday. I hope it's worth it!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

I have both the Biggest Loser 1 workout and one of Jillian's DVDs. Jillian's DVD is somewhat annoying because she laughs during the routine and it a bit annoying (I usually like her on the show). It's a good workout though.

Christina said...

Good luck. I had a great trainer too at the local Y before she went MIA and I switched gyms.

It forced me to work out and keep a committment. right now I am using my wii fit, one bootcamp class (which ends on Saturday) and that is it. I need to get into gear to add one more day to the gym cycle.

Chris said...

I miss my trainer! Mine was $50/hr so you are definitely getting a deal. Good for you for wanting to get back in it.