Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.30.2009

Happy day

Today is the day that I have been waiting for.

The past three months have all been for this day.

My LAST DAY OF WORK in DC.

Today is the last day of being bored out of my skull. Of perusing The Knot. Of checking out people’s updates on Facebook. Of logging onto Holly's Inbox. Of waiting for Jonathan Lee Riches © to write more funny lawsuits. And of clicking on my Google Reader in hopes that someone else posted something for me to read.

It is the last day that I have to deal with my crazy boss. The last day of feeling bad for my coworkers because I get to leave this h*llhole filled with toxic mold and they do not.

Tonight is the last night that I will sleep alone in a bed (at least until CP’s bachelor party). The last night that I will have to fend for myself for dinner. The last night that I don’t get a big hello from Fuzzy Britches after arriving home from work. The last night that I don't have the tools I need to make delicious dishes for Whip It Up.

Tomorrow I drive back to our home in MA. I hope for no traffic, despite the holiday coming up on Friday.

Happy days!!!! :-)

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I'm glad you are heading HOME!! What a great feeling, I'm sure. Drive safe and have a great holiday weekend.

Jess said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you.

Roxy said...

Congrats!