Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

4.25.2011

Need rest

Once again Monday comes around and I feel like I have been run over by a truck. Unfortunately we have been too go-go-go every weekend for over a month and it's beginning to wear on both of us. This weekend was no different.

I got out of work early on Friday for the holiday weekend and proceeded to start the process of digging in the third raised garden bed. I worked on it for two hours before quitting because my back started to hurt.

Saturday morning I ran 10 miles. The run went okay for it being in the low 40s and raining the entire time. I was freaking out before we started because I noticed last week that my running shoes were rubbing the top of my left foot. I figured that if I was feeling it last week, it would definitely cause me some pain this weekend. So...although you are not supposed to break in a new pair of shoes on a long run, that's exactly what I did. Thankfully it worked out okay.

Halfway through the run we stopped at the running store for a bathroom break and water. I paused my Nike+ and then hit play when I started to run again. Sadly, about a mile and half later I checked to see how far I had gone and while the time was correct, the mileage was still calculating as if I was back at the store. UGH! I restarted the Nike+ program and kept running, but was pissed that I wasn't going to hear Lance Armstrong congratulate me on my longest run to date. I will just have to wait....

CP came home mid-afternoon and we decided to finish putting in the third raised bed. Between my run and the digging/moving wood/etc. I burned 4100 calories that day- a new record! No wonder I was so tired!

Yesterday we spent six hours moving dirt and ground-up tree stump from the second dead tree we had taken out of our front yard. We were pissed the entire day because the tree company didn't tell us that the "free mulch" we would get after the stumps were ground up wouldn't be usable for a year. Not only that, but there was so much dirt in the "mulch" that we had to sift through it using a mesh wire and wood contraption that CP put together. What a mess. But at least our front yard is looking better and I burned 3500 calories yesterday.

We almost didn't make Easter dinner last night because we were so tired. We were orginally supposed to head up to my father-in-law's place but he is having knee problems and his girlfriend broke her foot. Instead, CP grilled a pork roast, made cream of asparagus and grilled brussel sprouts. I made a strawberry rhubarb pie because after this weekend we deserved it!!

How was your Easter?

2 comments:

funderson said...

COMPLETELY uneventful... Thank you so much for your house help offer. That is ding-danged sweet of you. I believe the only thing that will help me now is a time machine so I can go to the future and skip all this bull crap. : )

Christina said...

You deserve a weekend from your weekend to relax. My parents were in town so we hung out with them and on Saturday went to see a Cubs game which they won! Other than that it was a lot of eating!