As you saw from yesterday's post, I survived my surgery. During my surgery I was placed on a table with an incline with my head towards the floor. I guess it helps to move the organs out of the way for the robotic arms to do their job. It took a little bit longer than expected because while the doctor said during the pre-op appointment that he would take a look around my uterus to make sure there was nothing else going on, he didn't expect to find a cyst and endometriosis.
I had some trouble waking up after surgery. CP was supposed to be able to see me afterwards (the doctor finished around 4:30pm) but around 6:30pm he left to take out the dogs and feed them. I remember being wheeled from the recovery room to my hospital room and every time we hit a bump it HURT. Once we got to the room I asked for CP and the nurses told me that he had to go home so I didn't get to see him until 8pm or so.
When CP told me about the extra infertility-causing items in my uterus, I was surprised, crushed and in a way, relieved. I guess I always figured that it couldn't just be the fibroid and CP's sperm. Maybe now that my uterus has been cleaned out CP and I won't even need the help of a fertility doctor?
But then again, cysts, fibroids, and endometrosis ALL can come back. Whichever way we work on getting pregnant, we need to do it as soon as my uterus heals (three months) so that the pregnancy will keep those things away. I definitely don't want to have to go on Lupron again, take birth control or go through another surgery.
4 comments:
I am glad that you are doing well and recovering. You had a very conscience doctor and it is good to hear that he removed the cyst and end as well.
Hopefully, knowing more of your body will help with your attempt to be a mom.
Hugs
All I keep thinking as I read this is "Everything happens for a reason"!
Thinking of you in the next few months ahead! :-)
That is quite a combo of things--I'm glad that your doctor was so thorough!
Now to get you healed up and on the road to growing your family!
Very excited for your next steps to mommyhood!
Post a Comment