Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.25.2011

Non sequitur thoughts

Why does Buster feel the need to lay down in the bathroom every time I need to pee? He always cocks his head trying to figure out where the sound is coming from which is hilarious….but still. Why does he feel the need? Is it because I watch him pee every day? At least he gets praised while doing that- I just get a weird look!

CP and I realized that for the next few months while my uterus is healing we are going to actually have to prevent pregnancy. An odd concept after trying for a year and half with no results. But if what the doctor said is true (that CP’s sperm is okay and the endometriosis was the reason we couldn’t get pregnant), then we will have to be careful. Now I just have to wait and see if my periods are going to go back to normal cycles. *crossing fingers*

So I finally decided to check out Pinterest after hearing so much about it from you guys. I love the idea, but why do you have to request to get an invite? That is kind of annoying.

I think that this extra workload is going to be around for a while. The coworker who was put on a special assignment wrote on another coworker’s Facebook wall that she will be retiring at the end of the year. Since she is older, I don’t think that she is very tech savvy….so I’m not sure that she knows that I could see her post. My company won’t be hiring anyone to fill her position so although I hate my job, at least I’ll stay busy.

Would you get falsies for your dog? We will be fixing Buster after he turns a year old (waiting that long is better for his joints since he is a bigger breed) and CP wants to get false balls put in. I think that the idea is absolutely ridiculous, but CP claims that Buster needs them. Someone mentioned that Kim Kardashian had falsies put in for her dog and I keep asking CP if he really wants to be like Kim Kardashian…..but that doesn’t seem to sway him. Thoughts?

I'm not happy that I am working today, but at least I don't work in retail and have to deal with crazy shoppers. What happened to spending time with your family on a holiday? I feel bad for all of the hourly workers that have to deal with people that PEPPER SPRAY others just for a discount. Unfortunately I think that stores are helping create chaos by holding these intense sales for only one day and at weird hours when people are tired/drunk. Why not buy more of the in-demand products and spread out the discounts throughout a weekend or a week? Even if the stores don't make the discounts as steep they could get more people through the door, produce less craziness, and get more product moved. Do you shop on Black Friday?

Comment so that I can be entertained during my very boring work day today!

6 comments:

Tia said...

I'm here! Bored at work too! Falsies for dogs is bizarre. Funny thought that you now need to prevent pregnancy for a few months. I'm actually going to take my first HPT tomorrow! I think it's about day 10, so a little early, but I'm impatient :)

Jess said...

I think falsies are weird and unnecessary. The dog certainly doesn't need them. Tons of dogs are neutered and are not at all bothered by the lack of something hanging there. If anything I imagine that it might be really weird for the dog to not have the hormones or anything but still have something there. He might find it confusing. Plus given that lots of places (like some kennels and dog parks) require dogs to be neutered, and since the check for that on male dogs is usually visual, it might be hard for you to explain that your dog IS neutered since it will look like he isn't. Sounds like a lot of trouble (and probably extra expense, plus putting something synthetic into your dog's body permanently) for no real reason...

thatShortchick said...

I completely agree with you on that stores need to spread out the deals & sales because the "short-term availability" only creates chaos.

I worked retail for about five years so I know how ugly and selfish get around these times. This was my first year not working on black friday and I did go out for some sales but it was very quick!

Christina said...

Falsies for dogs, hmmm that is interesting. I don't think I would they just seem so unnecessary.

i stayed in during Black Friday, there is nothing that Iw at so badly that I would fight for it. there will still be sales for the next few weeks.

How have you been feeling since the surgery?

@JessEsco said...

You're home by now, but the dog business is hilarious. Didn't even know they did that.

Hate the crazy shopping. So glad to be out of retail.

missmitten said...

Super annoyed about Pinterest too. Makes me not want to play with it, period.