Blergh. Nothing like
coming back to a boring job to make you miss your weekend.
The highlights:
·
Seeing law school friends during the day on
Friday and meeting their 7 month old twins for the first time. They were adorable!
·
Surprising my parents Friday night. We decided on heading to the restaurant early
and when they turned the corner to hold up our water glasses with a sh*t-eating
grin on our faces. Everyone else wasn’t
paying attention when they walked in, but I managed to follow the plans. It took my parents about 30 seconds to
register that both of their daughters were at the restaurant. Hee hee.
Neither of my parents had any idea!
·
After the surprise we had a great (albeit short)
weekend with the whole family. We played
dirty Scattegories- which is basically played the regular way but if you can
find a dirty answer for a category you get double points. That was quite interesting with my mother who
doesn’t know a lot of the slang terms (but quite hilarious).
·
The magnolia tree my sister and I ordered for my
mom came on time. I was worried that it
wasn’t going to deliver in time for us to plant it this weekend but it came and
it looks great!
·
Seeing my sister’s condo that she bought with
her boyfriend and meeting her rescue puppy.
The lowlights:
·
For the past couple of days I have been seeing a
little dark blood mixed with the Crinone (progesterone). Yesterday (aka Mother’s Day) I saw more blood
(red) and even had to wear a tampon last night.
At first I thought it might be implantation blood but at only 10dpo this
is right around the time I should be getting my period without the progesterone
help….so I think the progesterone didn’t work this month. I’m calling my doctor just in case, but I
didn’t even have the heart to use a pregnancy test this morning. The fact that I started bleeding ON Mother’s
Day is just my body’s way of saying “F*CK YOU of course you are not pregnant!” Lovely.
·
Getting annoyed at the airline stewardesses that
proclaimed “Happy Mother’s Day!” five different times throughout the
flight. I’m fine with the holiday and it
doesn’t make me too sad because I can celebrate the fact that I have an amazing
mother- but when you continually say the phrase, it starts to gut punch those
of us that have been unable to even get pregnant. Gah.
Why not just mention it once??
·
Spending too much on dinner at Rick Bayless’
restaurant Topolobampo. I mean, the food was good, but my Artic Char
dish wasn’t worth $35. We couldn’t get
into Frontera, his less expensive and more well known restaurant, so we settled
for Topolobampo. I guess I was expecting
more from a Top Chef Master winner.
·
Getting a call from the vet on Friday. She gave us the bad news that although Fuzzy
Britches’ UTI is gone, she still has crystals in her urine. We have to go back in 2-3 weeks and bring in
another urine sample. If there are still
crystals it means she most likely has either bladder stones or kidney stones
and will have to undergo an MRI. Poor
baby. :-(
While it seems as if I have just as many lowlights as highlights,
the weekend with my family was great. I
didn’t think about anything related to a potential pregnancy until Sunday
morning when I saw the blood. :-(
5 comments:
Sorry about AF on mother's day. I got a BFN. In fact, I think I heard the HPT laughing at me. :p
I'm sorry to hear about Sunday's unwelcomed visitor. Bummer. And I hear ya on the HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I know it's especially hard to hear when you so desperately want to be a parent, but aren't yet there. Maybe I should stop pouting about how my Mother's Day wasn't really the way I'd want to spend it. Without meaning to, KT, you just gave me a well-deserved swift kick to the rear.
It sounds like you pulled out a great surprise, it is those moments that are priceless. I am sorry that Sunday's did not bring the news that you hoped.
Hoping for the best for FB...Poor thing! (and of course for you too)
We had to put Maya on Royal Canin SO dog food - and it cleared her urine of any crystals. It was the only thing that worked for her.
The best meal I have ever eaten was at The Girl and The Goat in Chicago. Its a small plate restaurant from one of the Top Chef winners (Stephanie Izard). It was a bit pricey, but not ridiculous - and totally worth it for the best meal of your life! I was literally giddy and giggling when we left - it was so good.
I'm sorry about the bad news on Mother's Day - hopefully next year will have a cause for celebration!
Post a Comment