Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.18.2012

Now we wait


Despite my excitement yesterday, I did manage to hop on a webinar and work for the rest of the day.  I checked my phone once in a while but CP didn’t respond until after he left the building.  He said that he thought it went well, but it was nice to hear from our “insider” that he did well and impressed people.  A couple hours after he left the building for the airport, he got a text from our “insider” that said that he should be getting an offer.  We are not sure if she just thinks that he is getting an offer because he did so well OR if she overheard managers saying it. 

The only thing that would hold us back from taking the job would be the salary.  CP was asked how much he currently makes in one of the interviews, so we are a little worried that they are going to lowball the offer.  CP works for a tremendously small company (11 people) so his salary should be bigger at a big company.  The headhunter will negotiate the best salary for CP, but frankly, it has to be a lot more than his current salary for us to pick up and move for this job.

And now we wait.  The guy that would be CP’s boss is on vacation all next week so it’s possible that we won’t hear anything until at least the week of the 28th.  So I guess this is very similar to our monthly TWW.  Gah.  At least we are pros at that!


Random Friday question:

Why are bloggers/people on Pinterest so in love with moustaches?  You know, the people that think it hilarious to get a tattoo  on their second finger so that they can hold it up to their face, moustache mugs, moustache necklaces, etc.  Did I miss something?  Because last I checked there are many women out there that wax their upper lip to get rid of their moustache.  Can someone enlighten me?  I DON’T GET IT.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Fingers crossed that he gets the offer, and it's a salary increase that makes it work. :-)

As to the mustache thing, I just don't get it. Never had. But then, I've never been a cool kid, so maybe my opinion doesn't mean much.

Navigating the Mothership said...

Good luck! We are also in a waiting period of sorts with my husband's job, although it doesn't also hinge on us moving and me changing jobs so I am only experiencing a wee slice of what you are going through.

I hope he gets it PLUS a ridiculously cushy salary!

Stevie said...

Sending good thoughts your way! Hopefully you hear something sooner rather than later.

I don't get the mustache thing, either. I guess it's just kind of a silly thing, but it has gotten SO OLD and is not original at all anymore. Sick of it!

Alb Mom said...

Congrats on the offer!

terra said...

I think mustaches are ridiculous and that's why they're trendy. They're just silly things, maybe, and the internet loves to latch on to silly things.