Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.12.2012

Approved


Sorry for my absence most of last week.  My training down in DC went great.  I really felt like I could give great suggestions and be part of the conversation.  There were fellow employees in the room that were much like me when I first started here- like a deer in headlights.  They will learn in a few years.  :-)

When I wasn’t kicking butt in training, I got to catch up with close friends that live in DC.  I met my best friend’s new boyfriend and another friend’s new girlfriend.  I also met my friend’s 9 month old child.  I went to delicious restaurants- including Founding Farmers, an amazing farm to table restaurant that also serves the greatest drinks!  My favorite is the Organic Cucumber Delight made out of Cap Rock Organic Vodka, cucumbers and cantaloupe.  Yum!  But the bartender also mixed us up a gin, dill, cucumber, and some other stuff drink that was really good too (and I don’t like gin).

While I was down in DC, the head of my division came to say hi and meet everyone.  I had never met her before, but when I introduced myself, I believe I saw a little flicker in her eye of recognition that I was the person asking for a transfer out to Chicago.  Then when we were leaving on Friday, she gave a short speech about how so many of us were the future of the agency….”people like Julia and Non Sequitur Chica.”  That gave me a little hint that maybe I would get transferred??

Amazingly enough, the approval letter for my transfer came in yesterday.  You don’t understand how much weight was lifted off my shoulders.  Despite the fact that I am not in love with my job, I really didn’t want to have to look for another one in the midst of moving and trying to sell our house.  Not to mention with trying to get pre-approved for a mortgage with both of us starting new jobs….  So a big THANK YOU to my job for coming through with the quickest transfer approval ever so that I didn’t have a heart attack.

I feel like this move to Chicago is definitely meant to be.  With the headhunter’s call, everything has fallen in place with the new job offer, my transfer, and the interest so far from people in our house.  Now if only the good luck would extend to our efforts to conceive…..

4 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Congrats on the big news - it really does sound like Chicago was meant to be. Now that the stress levels about a job offer (CP) and job transfer (you) have been alleviated, maybe your body will be able to focus on that baby making thing. =)

Emilie said...

Congrats on the transfer approval! As stressful as moving is, I'm glad that you won't have this hanging over your head.

robyn said...

Congratulations - that is fantastic news! I"m sure Chicago will be a welcome change for you.
Also - Phil and I loved Founding Farmers when we visited DC! We ate there a few times and enjoyed every single thing.

terra said...

YAY! So excited that the approval for your move came through! I can only imagine how relieved you must feel!