Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.01.2012

State of NSC- May 2012


A monthly take on my world.

Weight:  214 (same as last month)

Current Feeling: All I want to do is kick myself.  I have a 10K on Sunday that I HAD been preparing for, but running has dropped off my to-do list recently.  Have  I run enough to really train for the race?  The simple answer is no.  I ran 5 miles back in the beginning of May and three miles last week.  I have been a bad, bad runner.  And I am totally going to pay for it on Sunday.  Oh I’m still running- mostly to punish myself for being stupid and not training.  I already know that Monday is going to suck.  Packing/moving heavy things this weekend is certainly NOT going to help, but we need to get it done to get the house on the market next week!

Running Stats
                Total Miles Run: 11.23 miles
                Time Spent Running:  2 hours, 16 minutes, 6 seconds
                Longest Single Run:  5 miles
               
Current aches and pains:  My old friend plantar fasciitis is back.  I really need to start wearing my night splints again (oh so sexy!).

Current Favorite Song:  “Watching You Watch Him” by Eric Hutchinson.  The song is off his new album and it’s awesome.

Looking forward to:  When our house is finally READY for showing.  A week is a short time to whip a house into shape-  especially with two large furry dogs.  I’m also looking forward to seeing friends next week while I’m in DC for work.

Annoyed about:  Not much these days….other than the hot weather that makes cleaning/packing quite a chore.

Proud about: Getting rid of a whole lot of stuff through Craigslist, Freecycle, and a free pickup from the Vietnam Veterans of America.  Moving is a good reason to clean out closets and give stuff away.

How are you feeling with the start of this new month?

2 comments:

Belle said...

I have been slacking on my running, too. This week I started back at the gym. Next week I start back running. Maybe I need to log miles on my blog to keep me accountable, too... Good luck with the race, perhaps you will surprise yourself :)

terra said...

I keep having really good intentions to run when I get home from work, but then I keep get caught up in all the other piles of things I've got going on. It's hard to get in long runs!